K8VT800M Front Audio

Ok, I searched Google Groups for the answer *before* posting, so I
appologize if it has been answered before.

I recently built an Athlon 64 3200+ system using a Giga-Byte K8VT800M
motherboard and a Casedge minitower with front audio jacks. The audio cable
jacks are labled:

Audio:

HPOUT L
HPOUT-L
HPOUT R
HPOUT-R
GROUND

Mic:

MIC IN
MIC GRD
MIC POWER

Motherboard Pinout:

1 MIC
2 GRD
3 REF
4 Power
5 Front Audio (R)
6 Rear Audio (R)
7 Reserved
8 No Pin
9 Front Audio (L)
10 Front Audio (L)

I know I need to remove the jumpers on 5-6 and 9-10, but where do I plug the
front audio header cables from there?

Matthew Senn wrote:
> Ok, I searched Google Groups for the answer *before* posting, so I
> appologize if it has been answered before.
>
> I recently built an Athlon 64 3200+ system using a Giga-Byte K8VT800M
> motherboard and a Casedge minitower with front audio jacks. The
> audio cable jacks are labled:
>
> Audio:
>
> HPOUT L
> HPOUT-L
> HPOUT R
> HPOUT-R
> GROUND
>
> Mic:
>
> MIC IN
> MIC GRD
> MIC POWER
>
> Motherboard Pinout:
>
> 1 MIC
> 2 GRD
> 3 REF
> 4 Power
> 5 Front Audio (R)
> 6 Rear Audio (R)
> 7 Reserved
> 8 No Pin
> 9 Front Audio (L)
> 10 Front Audio (L)
>
> I know I need to remove the jumpers on 5-6 and 9-10, but where do I
> plug the front audio header cables from there?

I'd have thought...

HPOUT L - 9
HPOUT-L - 10
HPOUT R - 5
HPOUT-R - 6
GROUND - 2

--

Brett

Thank you for the suggestion. I ended up with the following working
configuration:

1: MIC IN
2: MIC GRD
3: