Hardware install

I just installed a new generation HP printer, scanner, copier, fax and the
"safely remove hardware" message pops up after connecting to the USB. I
followed all the direction exactly and it recognized the new hardware and
installed it. Why does the "safely remove hardware" icon still show on the
right-hand toolbar and how do I get it to stop popping up? (I did restart the
computer as well but no help).

Did you install the HP software before you first connected
the multi-function HP?

"TerryinCalifornia"
<TerryinCalifornia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
|I just installed a new generation HP printer, scanner,
copier, fax and the
| "safely remove hardware" message pops up after connecting
to the USB. I
| followed all the direction exactly and it recognized the
new hardware and
| installed it. Why does the "safely remove hardware" icon
still show on the
| right-hand toolbar and how do I get it to stop popping up?
(I did restart the
| computer as well but no help).

Also, there wouldn't happen to be card readers on that HP all-in-one?? That
"Safely remove.." points to them..

--
Tumppi
Reply to group

"Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> kirjoitti viestissä
> Did you install the HP software before you first connected
> the multi-function HP?

> "TerryinCalifornia"
> <TerryinCalifornia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message
> |I just installed a new generation HP printer, scanner,
> copier, fax and the
> | "safely remove hardware" message pops up after connecting
> to the USB. I
> | followed all the direction exactly and it recognized the
> new hardware and
> | installed it. Why does the "safely remove hardware" icon
> still show on the
> | right-hand toolbar and how do I get it to stop popping up?
> (I did restart the
> | computer as well but no help).

A good point. Clicking on the Safely Remove icon would open
a window that should show exactly what hardware you want to
shutdown and remove.

Merry Christmas
Have a Safe and Happy New Year
Live Long and Prosper