Installing Win2K on SATA RAID

Set-up:
Gigabyte 7NNXP board with AMD3200+, 1Gb of RAM
2x 120Gb Seagate SATA drives - RAID 0
2x 80GB WD IDE Drives - RAID 1

I attempted to install Windows 2000 to the SATA RAID array, the
installation program told me I have to create a partition on the IDE
RAID array so that it can install some filles there. So I created a
5GB partition and win2k installed the boot information on the IDE
drives and the rest of the OS on the SATA drives. Is there a way to
avoid this and just install everything to the the SATA RAID array?

--Kruwreka
--Kruwreka
1 answer Last reply
More about installing win2k sata raid

    I disable my non Raid drives in the bios when installing w2k or XP or just
    unplug the power to the non Raid drives.
    Simple but effective.
    Regards Achim
    "Kruwreka" <notarealemail@blahblahblah.com> wrote in message
    > Set-up:
    > Gigabyte 7NNXP board with AMD3200+, 1Gb of RAM
    > 2x 120Gb Seagate SATA drives - RAID 0
    > 2x 80GB WD IDE Drives - RAID 1
    >
    > I attempted to install Windows 2000 to the SATA RAID array, the
    > installation program told me I have to create a partition on the IDE
    > RAID array so that it can install some filles there. So I created a
    > 5GB partition and win2k installed the boot information on the IDE
    > drives and the rest of the OS on the SATA drives. Is there a way to
    > avoid this and just install everything to the the SATA RAID array?
    >

    > --Kruwreka
    > --Kruwreka

Gigabyte NAS / RAID SATA Motherboards