Q. re ADSL and DUN

When a phone line is ADSL enabled, if you were to use a dial-up modem
on that line via the appropriate filter, would DUN performance be
worse than if the line were not ADSL enabled?

jd

"Jimmy Dean" <me@nowhere.now> wrote in message
> When a phone line is ADSL enabled, if you were to use a dial-up modem
> on that line via the appropriate filter, would DUN performance be
> worse than if the line were not ADSL enabled?
>
> jd

With the proper line filters in place, DUN should not be adversely affected
by ADSL. The data transfer for voice communications and ADSL traffic occur
on separate frequencies. DUN falls into the "voice" spectrum.

bar

One would question you as to what would be the advantage in using a DUN in
addition to DSL.

"DJ Borell" wrote:

> "Jimmy Dean" <me@nowhere.now> wrote in message
> > When a phone line is ADSL enabled, if you were to use a dial-up modem
> > on that line via the appropriate filter, would DUN performance be
> > worse than if the line were not ADSL enabled?
> >
> > jd
>
> With the proper line filters in place, DUN should not be adversely affected
> by ADSL. The data transfer for voice communications and ADSL traffic occur
> on separate frequencies. DUN falls into the "voice" spectrum.

Sorry to butt in here but my answer for that would be that one of my
ISP's (not the main one) is a dial up account and it is necessary to
actually dial up to that server to keep the account active, that way I
have a means of connecting if anything goes wrong with the other <g>
That's my way of looking at it.
Joan