Mouse/Keyboard Assignment

Newbie here,

While I've determined that while it's possible to assign a single
keystroke to a mouse button, it appears that the same is not possible on
the buttons on the MS extended keyboards, but launching programs is.

Question... can someone recommend a small simple program that can
"stuff" a string into a keyboard buffer and allow the focus to return to
the program that was active when the button was pressed to accomplish
storing strings and/or commands to these potentially useful buttons?

Thanks in advance,
Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

We use programable keyboards from VersaKey to do this.

Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev] wrote:

> Newbie here,
>
> While I've determined that while it's possible to assign a single
> keystroke to a mouse button, it appears that the same is not possible on
> the buttons on the MS extended keyboards, but launching programs is.
>
> Question... can someone recommend a small simple program that can
> "stuff" a string into a keyboard buffer and allow the focus to return to
> the program that was active when the button was pressed to accomplish
> storing strings and/or commands to these potentially useful buttons?
>
> Thanks in advance,

thanks for the response.

am currently trying to increase the productivity of this purchase ;-)
plus, exploit the wireless capabilites by moving the keyboard/mouse tray
to the chair, but will take a look at VersaKey

Will also return to my search quest and post here if I find a software
soluton since this appears to be a dead thread.

Thanks again,
Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]