I have a USB device and if I unplug/plug the USB cable repeatadly and
monitor hardware connections sometimes the driver does not get loaded and
after that the device is lost, doesn't matter how many times you plug/unplug
after that. If I do a "Scan for hardware changes" the driver gets loaded and
the device is back online. 1. Does anybody have any ideas as to what might
be causing the problem 2. Is there a windos API that I can use to call "Scan
for Hardware Changes" programmatically ?

Thanks.

Do you click on the "safely remove hardware" icon before taking out the usb
cable?
The Undertaker

"uo" <notreal@notreal.com> wrote in message
> I have a USB device and if I unplug/plug the USB cable repeatadly and
> monitor hardware connections sometimes the driver does not get loaded and
> after that the device is lost, doesn't matter how many times you
plug/unplug
> after that. If I do a "Scan for hardware changes" the driver gets loaded
and
> the device is back online. 1. Does anybody have any ideas as to what might
> be causing the problem 2. Is there a windos API that I can use to call
"Scan
> for Hardware Changes" programmatically ?
>
> Thanks.

No, because I am testing for unexpected disconnections.