keyboard leds flash according to my hard disk activity

I want a program that will make my keyboard leds flash according to my hard
disk activity. Anyone Know of one??

Hello

Go to google.com and do a search

Alvin

Kenny S wrote:

> I want a program that will make my keyboard leds flash according to my hard
> disk activity. Anyone Know of one??

I have searched google and google groups before I posted here...

"Alvin Brown" <alvin1@swbell.net> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> Go to google.com and do a search
>
> Alvin
>

> Kenny S wrote:
>
>> I want a program that will make my keyboard leds flash according to my
>> hard
>> disk activity. Anyone Know of one??

I have found only O&O DriveLed 2.0 that can do it...
but it takes up too many resources....

"Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
> I have found only O&O DriveLed 2.0 that can do it...
> but it takes up too many resources....

That's because it is NOT easy to
programatically redirect the disk activity indicators
through the keyboard controller.

Pay the man/woman for the program, he/she worked
hard on it, diddling the hardware at this level AND
getting security-conscious OS's like XP to not disallow
it is tough indeed.

If you want it for free, figure out how to write
it yourself or take apart your keyboard and
mount some LED's in it, then run a cable to
the HDD LED's in your system case.

> "Alvin Brown" <alvin1@swbell.net> wrote in message
> > Hello
> >
> > Go to google.com and do a search
> >
> > Alvin
> >

> > Kenny S wrote:
> >
> >> I want a program that will make my keyboard leds flash according to my
> >> hard
> >> disk activity. Anyone Know of one??

Nonsense! There are pleanty similar programs for modem lights on the
keyboard that are free and light.

--
Hope this Helps, let us know!
Kenny S

----

"Kenny S" <noway@norway.no.way> wrote in message
> Nonsense! There are pleanty similar programs for modem lights on the
> keyboard that are free and light.

But they're for MODEM lights.

Querying a COM port for its status is much
easier...

Quit whining and PAY for what you want.