Display with a 90 degree distorted screen

I'm working on a friends Comapq Presario with a motherboard built-in Intel
video chip that all the sudden is displaying the screen at 90 degrees of
normal. The boot screen comes up normal all the way to the log on which is
twisted 90 degrees. The chipset has a setting to rotate the screen but it
is grayed out. Anybody got any clues on how to fix this?

Terry

What video hardware / software is installed. Help us help you.

r.

"Terry L. Swift" <tlswift@cox.net> wrote in message
> I'm working on a friends Comapq Presario with a motherboard built-in Intel
> video chip that all the sudden is displaying the screen at 90 degrees of
> normal. The boot screen comes up normal all the way to the log on which
> is twisted 90 degrees. The chipset has a setting to rotate the screen but
> it is grayed out. Anybody got any clues on how to fix this?
>
> Terry

The video chipset is an Intel 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller thats
built into the motherboard on a Compaq Presario SS100NX Desktop running
Windows XP Pro with SP2.

Terry

"namniar" <this@that> wrote in message
> What video hardware / software is installed. Help us help you.
>
> r.
>

> "Terry L. Swift" <tlswift@cox.net> wrote in message
>> I'm working on a friends Comapq Presario with a motherboard built-in
>> Intel video chip that all the sudden is displaying the screen at 90
>> degrees of normal. The boot screen comes up normal all the way to the
>> log on which is twisted 90 degrees. The chipset has a setting to rotate
>> the screen but it is grayed out. Anybody got any clues on how to fix
>> this?
>>
>> Terry

peter

Hi,
I think you are using the Intel Extreme Display drivers.

In the notification area (at the right hand side of the bottom task bar,
next to the clock display), can you see the Intel display Icon.
If yes, double click on the icon and select graphic option/graphic
properties then click the rotation tab, change the setting to normal. When
the display change back to normal, you can disable the rotation feature.

Or, right click on the desktop/properties/settings/, click the Advanced
button,
Click the Intel Extreme Driver tab, click the graphic properties button,
click the rotation tab and then change the setting to normal.

If no avail, re-install the Intel Extreme display drivers.

Hope it helps.

Peter

"Terry L. Swift" wrote:

> The video chipset is an Intel 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller thats
> built into the motherboard on a Compaq Presario SS100NX Desktop running
> Windows XP Pro with SP2.
>
> Terry
>

> "namniar" <this@that> wrote in message
> > What video hardware / software is installed. Help us help you.
> >
> > r.
> >

> > "Terry L. Swift" <tlswift@cox.net> wrote in message
> >> I'm working on a friends Comapq Presario with a motherboard built-in
> >> Intel video chip that all the sudden is displaying the screen at 90
> >> degrees of normal. The boot screen comes up normal all the way to the
> >> log on which is twisted 90 degrees. The chipset has a setting to rotate
> >> the screen but it is grayed out. Anybody got any clues on how to fix
> >> this?
> >>
> >> Terry

I would start here looking under support until someone else has more
insight:

http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/intel845g/sb/CS-009072.htm?iid=graphics+845main&

www.google.com "82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV" brings up lots of hits.