CD/DVD-R Not Responding

David

I was wondering if someone might be able to help me out. I have a Sony Vaio
Notebook (PCGFXA47) that just recently started to give me alot of problems
with the CD/DVD-R player. Every time I insert a CD/DVD into the tray, it
goes through the motions and everything but nothing shows up on my screen.
When I check the "My Computer" tray, it shows that there isn't anything in
the drive and all of my burned CD's are shown as empty. Anybody out there
with suggestions?

Try this:

From Device Manager, click the plus (+) sign next to DVD/CD-ROM drives,
highlight your cd-rom drives. On the tools bar at the top of the window,
click the X to uninstall your cd-rom drives. You will be warned that the
devices are about to be removed from your system, click OK. Close Device
Manager and reboot. XP should find the cd-roms and load the drivers for
them.

If no go - try a cd lense cleaner.

r.

>I was wondering if someone might be able to help me out. I have a Sony
>Vaio
> Notebook (PCGFXA47) that just recently started to give me alot of problems
> with the CD/DVD-R player. Every time I insert a CD/DVD into the tray, it
> goes through the motions and everything but nothing shows up on my screen.
> When I check the "My Computer" tray, it shows that there isn't anything in
> the drive and all of my burned CD's are shown as empty. Anybody out there
> with suggestions?

TRENDING THREADS