Motherboard Utility?

My old Asus mb had a useful application that ran under Windows and allowed
you to monitor temperature and other parameters.

All that comes with my Gigabyte board is the awful Easitune that appears to
have been written by a 14 year old looking at the design.

Is there an alternative that is easier on the eye and simply displays CPU
temp and fan rotation speed?

--

Brett

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 19:54:24 +0100, "Brett..."
<blaniosh@saltwells.dudley.gov.uk> wrote:

>My old Asus mb had a useful application that ran under Windows and allowed
>you to monitor temperature and other parameters.
>
>All that comes with my Gigabyte board is the awful Easitune that appears to
>have been written by a 14 year old looking at the design.
>
>Is there an alternative that is easier on the eye and simply displays CPU
>temp and fan rotation speed?

http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

what i do is just run the 'HM.exe' file, which is found the the 'ET5'
directory (assuming you have easytune5) as its just the monitoring part
(voltage, fans, temp), and is easier on the eyes.
but thats maybe what you dont like...

"Brett..." <blaniosh@saltwells.dudley.gov.uk> wrote in message
> My old Asus mb had a useful application that ran under Windows and allowed
> you to monitor temperature and other parameters.
>
> All that comes with my Gigabyte board is the awful Easitune that appears
> have been written by a 14 year old looking at the design.
>
> Is there an alternative that is easier on the eye and simply displays CPU
> temp and fan rotation speed?
>
> --
>
> Brett

"Brett..." <blaniosh@saltwells.dudley.gov.uk> wrote in message

> My old Asus mb had a useful application that ran under Windows and allowed
> you to monitor temperature and other parameters.
>
> All that comes with my Gigabyte board is the awful Easitune that appears
> to have been written by a 14 year old looking at the design.
>
> Is there an alternative that is easier on the eye and simply displays CPU
> temp and fan rotation speed?

Motherboard Monitor v5 (http://mbm.livewiredev.com/)

The author ceased further development on MBM, but his site is still up and
the product is widely supported in newsgroups and forums.

John wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 19:54:24 +0100, "Brett..."
> <blaniosh@saltwells.dudley.gov.uk> wrote:
>
>> My old Asus mb had a useful application that ran under Windows and
>> allowed you to monitor temperature and other parameters.
>>
>> All that comes with my Gigabyte board is the awful Easitune that
>> appears to have been written by a 14 year old looking at the design.
>>
>> Is there an alternative that is easier on the eye and simply
>> displays CPU temp and fan rotation speed?
>
> http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

Thanks

--

Brett

johnnyc wrote:
> what i do is just run the 'HM.exe' file, which is found the the 'ET5'
> directory (assuming you have easytune5) as its just the monitoring
> part (voltage, fans, temp), and is easier on the eyes.
> but thats maybe what you dont like...

I have ET4 on my system, no HW.exe file.

--

Brett

Download it from gigabyte.

Brett... wrote:
> johnnyc wrote:
>
>>what i do is just run the 'HM.exe' file, which is found the the 'ET5'
>>directory (assuming you have easytune5) as its just the monitoring
>>part (voltage, fans, temp), and is easier on the eyes.
>>but thats maybe what you dont like...
>>

> I have ET4 on my system, no HW.exe file.

Try Motherboard Monitor 5. You can find the freeware by searching
through google.

BigVoice