GA7N400 Pro2 - IDE 3 & 4 question

I currently have a couple of wd hard drives (not raid) on IDE1

cdrom & dvd on IDE2

I need more hard disk space.
If I buy a new HD, can I just plug it into IDE 3 and off I go,
or will I need to install raid drivers?
If I do have to install raid drivers, can I just use the HD in standard
configuration?

many thanks

Mark

"Mark Epps" <nospam@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> I currently have a couple of wd hard drives (not raid) on IDE1
>
> cdrom & dvd on IDE2
>
> I need more hard disk space.
> If I buy a new HD, can I just plug it into IDE 3 and off I go,
> or will I need to install raid drivers?
> If I do have to install raid drivers, can I just use the HD in standard
> configuration?
>
> many thanks
>
> Mark

Yes you can add up to 4 drives. This is called the NORMAL mode.
You will need the divers on a floppy. When XP finds the GigaRaid (IT8212) is
active it will ask for drivers. XP calls the New Harware wizard.
JPS