Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

GA K8NS pro and RAID

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
October 24, 2004 7:42:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

Hi,

I am trying to install Windows XP to a RAID config. with two Hitachi
250GB drives on a Gigabyt GA K8NS mobo.(Using the onboard RAID
controller)
As soon as the windows installation asks for the RAID drivers from
floppy, I get a message saying: textsetup.oem has encountered a
problem (1024) in line 1747.
I have tried all the available drivers and downloaded the latest
drivers from the website, but can't get it to work.
Anyone? Thanks!

More about : k8ns pro raid

October 25, 2004 4:29:56 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

You have to put on floppy the drivers provided on the mb cd, you have to
autoboot from cd from the bios, save apropiate driver to floppy, and use
that drivers afterwards when installing windows, that is the way supposed to
work, as stated in the mb manual. If you use downloaded drivers, maybe they
don't have the apropiate format for installing in that way.

If that does not work, I would try an install putting the hd on master ide
0 channel, installing aferwards the most recent downloades drivers, and
changing the hd from ide 0 to its place in the raid, I think this shoud work
fine, but it is a guess.

"Frank" <f.verheij@wanadoo.nl> escribió en el mensaje
news:1570820c.0410240242.4119694d@posting.google.com...
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to install Windows XP to a RAID config. with two Hitachi
> 250GB drives on a Gigabyt GA K8NS mobo.(Using the onboard RAID
> controller)
> As soon as the windows installation asks for the RAID drivers from
> floppy, I get a message saying: textsetup.oem has encountered a
> problem (1024) in line 1747.
> I have tried all the available drivers and downloaded the latest
> drivers from the website, but can't get it to work.
> Anyone? Thanks!
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
a b V Motherboard
October 25, 2004 5:44:11 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

jm wrote:
> You have to put on floppy the drivers provided on the mb cd, you have
> to autoboot from cd from the bios, save apropiate driver to floppy,
> and use that drivers afterwards when installing windows, that is the
> way supposed to work, as stated in the mb manual. If you use
> downloaded drivers, maybe they don't have the apropiate format for
> installing in that way.
> If that does not work, I would try an install putting the hd on
> master ide 0 channel, installing aferwards the most recent downloades
> drivers, and changing the hd from ide 0 to its place in the raid, I
> think this shoud work fine, but it is a guess.
>
> "Frank" <f.verheij@wanadoo.nl> escribió en el mensaje
> news:1570820c.0410240242.4119694d@posting.google.com...
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to install Windows XP to a RAID config. with two Hitachi
>> 250GB drives on a Gigabyt GA K8NS mobo.(Using the onboard RAID
>> controller)
>> As soon as the windows installation asks for the RAID drivers from
>> floppy, I get a message saying: textsetup.oem has encountered a
>> problem (1024) in line 1747.
>> I have tried all the available drivers and downloaded the latest
>> drivers from the website, but can't get it to work.
>> Anyone? Thanks!

The drivers on the root of my CD didn't work either - they crashed the XP
installtion.
I then dug into the folders of the CD and found the exe file that created
the drivers for the VIA chip and this worked just fine.
I don't know why GB didn't just provide a floppy!

--

Brett
Related resources
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
a b V Motherboard
November 1, 2004 7:51:37 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

>> I am trying to install Windows XP to a RAID config. with two Hitachi
>> 250GB drives on a Gigabyt GA K8NS mobo.(Using the onboard RAID
>> controller)
>> As soon as the windows installation asks for the RAID drivers from
>> floppy, I get a message saying: textsetup.oem has encountered a
>> problem (1024) in line 1747.
>> I have tried all the available drivers and downloaded the latest
>> drivers from the website, but can't get it to work.
>> Anyone? Thanks!

The drivers on the root of my CD didn't work either - they crashed the XP
installtion.
I then dug into the folders of the CD and found the exe file that created
the drivers for the VIA chip and this worked just fine.
I don't know why GB didn't just provide a floppy!

--

Brett
------------------

What is the precise location of these drivers? I had a similar problem and
tried all combinations of files from the CD (or so I thought) without
success.

Brian
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
a b V Motherboard
November 2, 2004 10:43:57 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

"Frank" <f.verheij@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message
news:1570820c.0410240242.4119694d@posting.google.com...
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to install Windows XP to a RAID config. with two Hitachi
> 250GB drives on a Gigabyt GA K8NS mobo.(Using the onboard RAID
> controller)
> As soon as the windows installation asks for the RAID drivers from
> floppy, I get a message saying: textsetup.oem has encountered a
> problem (1024) in line 1747.
> I have tried all the available drivers and downloaded the latest
> drivers from the website, but can't get it to work.
> Anyone? Thanks!

Hi Frank

Try www.ite.com.tw they have newer drivers than Gigabyte

Denis
!