Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keybaord - Print Screen

December 8, 2004 1:19:06 PM

Hi,

Does anyone know of an issue with the print screen button not capturing the
window and placing it into the clipboard?

One of our new keyboards, on a new XP machine , with the keyboard software
installed is not capturing the window when the print screen button is pressed.

I've tried Alt-PrintScreen, Cntrl-PrintScreen, Shift-PrintScreen, and print
screen all by itself and not any of the combinations capture the image. Does
anyone know the capture sequence of Keys to make this work. I've been
capturing screens for 8 years and this new keyboard won't do it.

XP SP2
Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 1.0A

Thanks, Mike
December 8, 2004 1:25:02 PM

Nevermind I just found the F LOCK KEY.

It is the toggle key that allow a key to have a third funciton. When F LOCK
is on (which it was) the statndard commnads printed on the front of the Key
are enabled

In this case the standard command (insert) was activated and the regular key
commands (Print Screen/SysRQ) was turned off.

Thanks,
Mike

"Mike" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know of an issue with the print screen button not capturing the
> window and placing it into the clipboard?
>
> One of our new keyboards, on a new XP machine , with the keyboard software
> installed is not capturing the window when the print screen button is pressed.
>
> I've tried Alt-PrintScreen, Cntrl-PrintScreen, Shift-PrintScreen, and print
> screen all by itself and not any of the combinations capture the image. Does
> anyone know the capture sequence of Keys to make this work. I've been
> capturing screens for 8 years and this new keyboard won't do it.
>
> XP SP2
> Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 1.0A
>
> Thanks, Mike
Anonymous
December 10, 2004 9:55:25 PM

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know of an issue with the print screen button not capturing
the
> window and placing it into the clipboard?
>
> One of our new keyboards, on a new XP machine , with the keyboard software
> installed is not capturing the window when the print screen button is
pressed.

> I've tried Alt-PrintScreen, Cntrl-PrintScreen, Shift-PrintScreen, and
print
> screen all by itself and not any of the combinations capture the image.
Does
> anyone know the capture sequence of Keys to make this work. I've been
> capturing screens for 8 years and this new keyboard won't do it.
>
> XP SP2
> Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 1.0A
>
> Thanks, Mike

note that alt+printscreen and control+printscreen can also be very helpful.
One takes a full screenshot, the other just the active window. *Very*
useful when recording dialog settings.

HTH
-pk
Related resources
April 3, 2012 3:23:03 AM

Lol wow, 8 years later and I start using this same keyboard and have the problem. Thx for making this thread in 2004 and helping me out. :)
!