Jumpy Mouse

There seem to be plenty of people with the same problem as I. which either
make me feel good or worried. Anyhow....my mouse seems to jump across the
screen at random times when I first move it. Usually in the opposite
direction of mouse movement. Its possible its related to the machine being
busy...but I've never encountered this with either a ps/2 or serial mouse.
I've got a VIA chipset, Microsoft basic usb optical mouse, intellisoft 5.2
drivers, XP SP1. The stability has improved with newer drivers I've noticed.
1 answer Last reply
More about jumpy mouse

    Try a NON-reflective mousing surface.

    Elvis wrote:

    > There seem to be plenty of people with the same problem as I. which either
    > make me feel good or worried. Anyhow....my mouse seems to jump across the
    > screen at random times when I first move it. Usually in the opposite
    > direction of mouse movement. Its possible its related to the machine being
    > busy...but I've never encountered this with either a ps/2 or serial mouse.
    > I've got a VIA chipset, Microsoft basic usb optical mouse, intellisoft 5.2
    > drivers, XP SP1. The stability has improved with newer drivers I've noticed.

Mice Microsoft Windows XP