HP 45 & 78 cart 6122

I have this printer for 10 months and i refill the carts frequently.Until
now i have refilled the color cart 4 times and the black 3 with NO problems
with the quality of the prints.
The question is : Which is the max number of refills for each cart?

PS: i never run dry the carts.I refill them when arrive 10%.

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 19:37:16 GMT, "giorgio" <luckyone@iol.it> wrote:

>I have this printer for 10 months and i refill the carts frequently.Until
>now i have refilled the color cart 4 times and the black 3 with NO problems
>with the quality of the prints.
>The question is : Which is the max number of refills for each cart?
>
>PS: i never run dry the carts.I refill them when arrive 10%.

That is pretty tough to say. Some say a cartridge like that would
refill 6 times, others say more, others say less. The one thing that
may help the life is refilling before the 10 percent mark. Keeping the
sponge wet is one of the most important factors of long life.

When the sponge runs low on ink, the top portion may dry enough where
it will not displace the air in order to hold ink again. I would
refill a bit earlier to ensure the longest life of the sponge.

A sure sign of wear, would be heavier laying of ink and of course
dripping. Prior to reaching that point would be impossible to
predict.

I would suggest having a new set of cartridges on hand in another
refill or two. When one goes, it may be good to replace both at the
same time.

The black should be refillable several times more than the color. 4 is about
the limit I've seen for color, but filling before they run out is very
important and greatly increases life span..

"giorgio" <luckyone@iol.it> wrote in message
> I have this printer for 10 months and i refill the carts frequently.Until
> now i have refilled the color cart 4 times and the black 3 with NO
problems
> with the quality of the prints.
> The question is : Which is the max number of refills for each cart?
>
> PS: i never run dry the carts.I refill them when arrive 10%.

if i don't need to print for 1-2 months,what should i do inorder to
preserve the sponge integrity and the printheads life?Should i close the
upper vent holes and leave the carts in the printer or storing it in the
fridge?
Specially now that the temperature is a bit high.

"Dan G" <Dan@xxxx.com> wrote in message
> The black should be refillable several times more than the color. 4 is
about
> the limit I've seen for color, but filling before they run out is very
> important and greatly increases life span..
>

> "giorgio" <luckyone@iol.it> wrote in message
> > I have this printer for 10 months and i refill the carts
frequently.Until
> > now i have refilled the color cart 4 times and the black 3 with NO
> problems
> > with the quality of the prints.
> > The question is : Which is the max number of refills for each cart?
> >
> > PS: i never run dry the carts.I refill them when arrive 10%.

Leave in the printer and print something weekly. I store filled carts in the
drawer with open vents for weeks, I use a piece of tape to cover the holes,
then use a needle to prick a small hole

> if i don't need to print for 1-2 months,what should i do inorder to
> preserve the sponge integrity and the printheads life?Should i close the
> upper vent holes and leave the carts in the printer or storing it in the
> fridge?
> Specially now that the temperature is a bit high.
>
> "Dan G" <Dan@xxxx.com> wrote in message
> > The black should be refillable several times more than the color. 4 is
> about
> > the limit I've seen for color, but filling before they run out is very
> > important and greatly increases life span..
> >

> > "giorgio" <luckyone@iol.it> wrote in message
> > > I have this printer for 10 months and i refill the carts
> frequently.Until
> > > now i have refilled the color cart 4 times and the black 3 with NO
> > problems
> > > with the quality of the prints.
> > > The question is : Which is the max number of refills for each cart?
> > >
> > > PS: i never run dry the carts.I refill them when arrive 10%.

The number of times you refill these cartridges dependes a lot on the ink
you are using and the method you use to refill. The black Cartridge can be
refilled up to eigjt times and the color up to four times but that is
pushing it. Pete
"beezer" <beezer@rezeeb.moc> wrote in message
> On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 19:37:16 GMT, "giorgio" <luckyone@iol.it> wrote:
>
> >I have this printer for 10 months and i refill the carts frequently.Until
> >now i have refilled the color cart 4 times and the black 3 with NO
problems
> >with the quality of the prints.
> >The question is : Which is the max number of refills for each cart?
> >
> >PS: i never run dry the carts.I refill them when arrive 10%.
> >

> That is pretty tough to say. Some say a cartridge like that would
> refill 6 times, others say more, others say less. The one thing that
> may help the life is refilling before the 10 percent mark. Keeping the
> sponge wet is one of the most important factors of long life.
>
> When the sponge runs low on ink, the top portion may dry enough where
> it will not displace the air in order to hold ink again. I would
> refill a bit earlier to ensure the longest life of the sponge.
>
> A sure sign of wear, would be heavier laying of ink and of course
> dripping. Prior to reaching that point would be impossible to
> predict.
>
> I would suggest having a new set of cartridges on hand in another
> refill or two. When one goes, it may be good to replace both at the
> same time.

i will refill them until their failure.I am very curious to see how many
refills can they take