Need Help Cable Conection for 7VT600-RZ

My O/S Win98SE connected to WebSTAR cable modem and Linksys 4-Port Router
(NR041) Each time at startup I have to run winipcfg at least twice and sometime
reboots till I get connection. My other computer (HP O/S WinXP) connected to the
router run fine every time regardless the problems found occurring in Gigabyte
7VT600-RZ. Often, if my other computer HP boot up after Gig 7VT600-RZ, I will
received a message something like "IP address conflicts...."

I believe the problems lies with Win98SE and there is a M/S patch or maybe other
problems?

Please help and thank you.

just hard code an IP address in it seems for some reason the dhcp server on
your router and the computer are not talking quick enough that is why you
need to do the config. hard coding an IP will solve the problem your address
is probably something like 192.168.1.12 when you do get an address just
take note of the dns server and the default gateway you will need to put
those in manually for an IP address note the first 3 numbers and use 10 for
the last one that should take care of the problem

Wayne

"Jim B" <Jimmydud@abcdnet.net> wrote in message

> My O/S Win98SE connected to WebSTAR cable modem and Linksys 4-Port Router
> (NR041) Each time at startup I have to run winipcfg at least twice and
> sometime
> reboots till I get connection. My other computer (HP O/S WinXP) connected
> to the
> router run fine every time regardless the problems found occurring in
> Gigabyte
> 7VT600-RZ. Often, if my other computer HP boot up after Gig 7VT600-RZ, I
> will
> received a message something like "IP address conflicts...."
>
> I believe the problems lies with Win98SE and there is a M/S patch or maybe
> other
> problems?
>
> Please help and thank you.

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 19:39:44 GMT, "Wayne" <nope.notme@notospam.tv> wrote:

Thank you for information below, I really appreciate it.

In IP config screen, There are: Adapter Address, IP Address, Subnet Mask,
Default Gateway. Further clicking "More Info" I get Host Name, DNS Servers, Node
Type, DHCP Server, Lease Obtained and Lease Expires.

Where do I insert these addresses manually (please show me)?
I have deleted Win98SE's Adaptor when I clean installed Win98 and instead I use
Gigabyte "VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adaptor" , should I use Win98SE's Adaptors?
I have also install MS 253697USA.exe, it does not seem to help.

Thank you again :)

>just hard code an IP address in it seems for some reason the dhcp server on
>your router and the computer are not talking quick enough that is why you
>need to do the config. hard coding an IP will solve the problem your address
>is probably something like 192.168.1.12 when you do get an address just
>take note of the dns server and the default gateway you will need to put
>those in manually for an IP address note the first 3 numbers and use 10 for
>the last one that should take care of the problem

TRENDING THREADS