Accessing shared Folders & Files

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
March 8, 2005 10:43:11 AM

I have a wireless laptop and hardwired pc, XP Home on both, Linksys g router.
Able to ping one another and print to shared printer on pc. I am able to see
the shared drives but not able to open them. Error indicated I do not have
permission and to see admin but only account is admin. Do I have to access by
using start/run and then map?

Is there a way to do this and still keep my Norton Firewall enabled?
March 12, 2005 5:51:44 PM

I had the same problem -- very frustrating. Here's how I fixed it.

1. Open Windows Explorer

2. Click on Tools

3. Click on Folder Options

4. Click on View

5. Go to the bottom of the options list and make sure "use simple file
sharing" is checked. Do this on all of your machines.

After you are able to see and share files among your units, you can go back
and unclick the boxes -- if you want the extra control over your files.

I discovered this when I noticed that the Sharing option boxes were
different on a couple of my PCs. It took a long to backtrack and find why
this was so.

Hope this works for you -- after putting up with this for months, it fixed
my problem.

Joe

!