Memory Not Optimized error?

I have the GA-K8NSNXP-939 board with an AMD 64 3500+ CPU and on boot it
displays the message 'Memory Not Optimised', CPU clock 200MHz.

I'm using 2 * 512 Corsair XMS Pro (the ones with the LED's) and am not sure
if i should set the memory timings manually (and I've no idea what the
settings are either).

Would like to use Dual channel. The sticks are in slots 1 & 3. I've tried
2 & 4, won't boot. Correct amount of memory is being shown.

Incedently, in Windows (the System Properties to be exact), it says
'Physical Address Extension' What does that mean?

Thanks

Peter Geddes
--

All incoming & outgoing emails & files scanned by Norton AntiVirus 2005

I forgot to add that I've also tried putting the sticks in slots 1 & 2 but
all I get is beeps when switched on.

Ta.

"Peter Geddes" <p.geddes@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
>I have the GA-K8NSNXP-939 board with an AMD 64 3500+ CPU and on boot it
> displays the message 'Memory Not Optimised', CPU clock 200MHz.
>
> I'm using 2 * 512 Corsair XMS Pro (the ones with the LED's) and am not
> sure
> if i should set the memory timings manually (and I've no idea what the
> settings are either).
>
> Would like to use Dual channel. The sticks are in slots 1 & 3. I've
> tried
> 2 & 4, won't boot. Correct amount of memory is being shown.
>
> Incedently, in Windows (the System Properties to be exact), it says
> 'Physical Address Extension' What does that mean?
>
> Thanks
>
> Peter Geddes
> --
>
> All incoming & outgoing emails & files scanned by Norton AntiVirus 2005

Latest posts