Video/Monitor Problem

Hi Group! I am running WXP Pro, the problem is that when viewing anything
on my computer the screen/monitor "shimmies or shakes" constantly. It's
annoying to the eyes. I have exchanged the monitor (2)twice, the video
card, and the power supply, and unplugged monitor from the powerstrip and
plugged into the wall. It is not near a lamp or phone. The problem still
persists!! Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

dmattmac

Dev

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2001

/Deborah/ said:

> Hi Group! I am running WXP Pro, the problem is that when viewing anything
> on my computer the screen/monitor "shimmies or shakes" constantly. It's
> annoying to the eyes. I have exchanged the monitor (2)twice, the video
> card, and the power supply, and unplugged monitor from the powerstrip and
> plugged into the wall. It is not near a lamp or phone. The problem still
> persists!! Any suggestions??

A lamp or phone probably would not affect it.
Is it near any magnetic source, such as a speaker? That might.

--
For most XP answers and tweaks...
http://dougknox.com http://aumha.org

"dev" wrote:
> /Deborah/ said:
>
> > Hi Group! I am running WXP Pro, the problem is that when
> viewing anything
> > on my computer the screen/monitor "shimmies or shakes"
> constantly. It's
> > annoying to the eyes. I have exchanged the monitor
> (2)twice, the video
> > card, and the power supply, and unplugged monitor from the
> powerstrip and
> > plugged into the wall. It is not near a lamp or phone.
> The problem still
> > persists!! Any suggestions??
>
> A lamp or phone probably would not affect it.
> Is it near any magnetic source, such as a speaker? That
> might.
>
> --
> For most XP answers and tweaks...
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm
> http://dougknox.com http://aumha.org
> http://support.microsoft.com

I don’t want to point ou the obvious but is your refresh rate set high
enough?

Some background on the PC and monitor would help, is it old or
relatively new? What card, etc.

--
http://www.WindowsForumz.com/ This article was posted by author's request
Topic URL: http://www.WindowsForumz.com/Hardware-Video-Monitor-Problem-ftopict235827.html