RAID 1 Hard Disk Failure on GA-8KNXP

Hello

I'm using the Intel controller for RAID1 but one of my disks has gone down
or decided that it is no longer part of the array. The controller setup
utility at boot time lists the raid array with one disk missing and the
missing disk is listed as a non raid disk.

Does anyone know how to get the disk back into the RAID array without losing
all the data. The help file for the controller gives numerous warnings that
this will happen if you create or delete a new RAID volume.

Thanks

Phil Elliott

"P Elliott" <nospam@meman.com> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> I'm using the Intel controller for RAID1 but one of my disks has gone down
> or decided that it is no longer part of the array. The controller setup
> utility at boot time lists the raid array with one disk missing and the
> missing disk is listed as a non raid disk.
>
> Does anyone know how to get the disk back into the RAID array without
losing
> all the data. The help file for the controller gives numerous warnings
that
> this will happen if you create or delete a new RAID volume.
>
> Thanks
>

> Phil Elliott

I have seen several of these RAID controllers and they all have a program
for recovering RAID1 in the even of failure. It is there some where.
JPS

If you recreate the array by adding the drive back it, you will be prompted
if you want to rebuild the failed drive. You can either do it foreground
before Windows boots, or background whilst you work from the good drive
(leave you machine on all day though, to make sure it completes!)
If you are currently booting off the one drive it's sensible to note in the
start up sequence which one is "good" so that you know which drive needs
adding back in and which drive should be used as source.

Hello Paul

Sounds easy but where is the option/software to add the drive back? When
the machine boots I press Ctrl-I to launch the config utility but the only
options there are:
- Create RAID Volume
- Delete RIAD Volume
- Reset Disks to non RAID
- Exit

Similarly, after the machine boots the Intel Application Accelerator tool
only has options to create new RAID arrays.

Regards

Phil Elliott