I'm using an XP upgrade from ME. When I try to write to the floppy drive I
get the message that the disk is not formatted and do I want to format the
disk. I say yes and it starts doing its thing then a message pops up that
says that the format cannot be completed. All the checks that I do say that
the driver and the hardware are working ok but I can't use the "A" drive.
I've uninstalled and rebooted, didn't help. I've set the bios to the defaults
and no help. Any help out there???

Hello

Denny195 wrote:

> I'm using an XP upgrade from ME. When I try to write to the floppy drive I
> get the message that the disk is not formatted and do I want to format the
> disk. I say yes and it starts doing its thing then a message pops up that
> says that the format cannot be completed. All the checks that I do say that
> the driver and the hardware are working ok but I can't use the "A" drive.
> I've uninstalled and rebooted, didn't help. I've set the bios to the defaults
> and no help. Any help out there???

A shot in the dark...I did have this happen to me, drive is recognized in
BIOS and shows up in My computer window, but would not read disks, getting
the same message you mentioned. I had an ever so slightly loose cable
connection. Check to make sure connections are tight to drive and to baord.
Good Luck.