Onboard LAN: what is the use of the boot ROM?

Hi, there

I've just installaed the LAN drivers for my GA-8IEXP mobo. It has a doble
entry in the BIOS: one to enable the onboard LAN chip (and that is enabled,
of course) and one to enable the LAN boot ROM.

What does the latter do?
I had hoped that it wuold have sped up the booting of the PC (it is
soooooooo slow now that I've enabled the LAN) but it was not so.

Should I leave it on, or...

cheers,
Peltio
the manual says nothing about bios settings
The only manual with the advanced bios setting I have is for the 8irxp and
has nothing about integrated LAN. : (
1 answer Last reply
More about onboard boot

    "Peltio" wrote

    >of course) and one to enable the LAN boot ROM.
    >
    >What does the latter do?

    Never mind, I guess I've found it out myself.
    It is used to allow the boot of the PC from the network.
    Nomen omen... : )

    cheers,
    Peltio

Gigabyte BIOS LAN Boot Rom Motherboards