Can't get os to load on 7n400n pro2

I just built a new system and am having trouble getting the OS to
load. My system consists of the following:

7n400 pro2
2 x 256 mb hyperx ram pc3500
Athlon xp 2700
mx4000 agp 128 mb graphics card
window xp pro sp1

I am using the hard drive from my previous system, which has the os on
it. I try to boot in safe mode and the computer reboots when it gets
to the amdagp.sys driver. I have run memtest with no errors. I have
tried a single memory stick to eliminate dual channel
incompatibilities. I'm thinking it may be a problem with the 333 fsb
of the cpu and the speed of the ram. The bios automagically sets the
fsb for the ram at 400 (max for the board). The memory timings are
not very agressive either. Any ideas what may be causing this
problem. Thanks.

"I try" <cadss2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I just built a new system and am having trouble getting the OS to
> load. My system consists of the following:
>
> 7n400 pro2
> 2 x 256 mb hyperx ram pc3500
> Athlon xp 2700
> mx4000 agp 128 mb graphics card
> window xp pro sp1
>
> I am using the hard drive from my previous system, which has the os on
> it. I try to boot in safe mode and the computer reboots when it gets
> to the amdagp.sys driver. I have run memtest with no errors. I have
> tried a single memory stick to eliminate dual channel
> incompatibilities. I'm thinking it may be a problem with the 333 fsb
> of the cpu and the speed of the ram. The bios automagically sets the
> fsb for the ram at 400 (max for the board). The memory timings are
> not very agressive either. Any ideas what may be causing this
> problem. Thanks.

The BIOS can be set to 166mHz, givng a 333nHz FSB. Assuming switch1 is ON
and CLK_RATIO is set to 13.

Did you try it with the old video card ?
Did you boot from the XP CD and do a repair.
JPS

I try wrote:
> I just built a new system and am having trouble getting the OS to
> load. My system consists of the following:
>
> 7n400 pro2
> 2 x 256 mb hyperx ram pc3500
> Athlon xp 2700
> mx4000 agp 128 mb graphics card
> window xp pro sp1
>
> I am using the hard drive from my previous system, which has the os on
> it. I try to boot in safe mode and the computer reboots when it gets
> to the amdagp.sys driver. I have run memtest with no errors. I have
> tried a single memory stick to eliminate dual channel
> incompatibilities. I'm thinking it may be a problem with the 333 fsb
> of the cpu and the speed of the ram. The bios automagically sets the
> fsb for the ram at 400 (max for the board). The memory timings are
> not very agressive either. Any ideas what may be causing this
> problem. Thanks.

I've found out the hard way that when you change motherboards, you
really should to a repair install of the OS at a minimum. I fought with
the same problem as you for several days before relenting and doing a
repair install.

The other option that worked for me (7N400-L) was to disable UDMA
access for my HD controllers. (You need to hit CTRL+F1 to access the
UDMA options in BIOS). This of course cripples HD access, but it let my
system boot up so that I could back up what I thought might not survive
a re-install (or repair install).

Ryan

had same problem when I changed from a via based chipset mobo to the 7n400
pro2 (which is nvidia nforce2 chipset).

only way i could get it to work was to format the hard-drive and load os
(win xp home) from scratch.

i know it's a pain, but ever since, the system has run really sweet

good luck
mark