Upgrading to Windows XP Professional.

I have XP Home Edition with SP2 Installed. I am trying to upgrade to
Professional. I have tried using the 'run' command, but still no luck. I
don't want to reformat just to get it installed. What could I do?
3 answers Last reply
More about upgrading windows professional

    Try removing SP2 then upgrade.

    Typically. it is likely to tell you have a newer version installed if you
    try upgrading with SP2 installed

    --
    Jon Hildrum
    DTS MVP

    Juniorflipp2002 wrote:
    > I have XP Home Edition with SP2 Installed. I am trying to upgrade to
    > Professional. I have tried using the 'run' command, but still no luck. I
    > don't want to reformat just to get it installed. What could I do?

    You'll either need to uninstall SP2 before attempting the upgrade,
    or try slipstreaming SP2 into the upgrade.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    I've not tried this route, but I'd guess that booting from the CD is the way
    to go. The installer checks for an existing installation and never does
    anything without giving you the chance to confirm or abort.

    Be sure to apply SP2 immediately afterwards, as there can be oddities when
    moving from one version to another and ending up a service pack "down".

    --
    ## PH, London
    "Juniorflipp2002" <Juniorflipp2002@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:492BBC3B-9D96-4554-9389-FC2F662EE37D@microsoft.com...
    >I have XP Home Edition with SP2 Installed. I am trying to upgrade to
    > Professional. I have tried using the 'run' command, but still no luck. I
    > don't want to reformat just to get it installed. What could I do?

Microsoft Windows XP