Nathan

I have 2 USB ports, i can connect devices 2 one of them
but when i try connecting a device 2 the other one
nothing happens. can someone pleaze tell me how or if i
can use both ports

If both are wired correctly to the motherboard, both should work.
Assuming that one always works and the other never does, you have a
hardware (probably connection) problem - check that the non-working
one is actually connected to your motherboard and that it is connected
to a USB Header (!). On some MBs, it is relatively easy to confuse
USB, Firewire, and even sometimes audio headers. If the ports are
directly connected to the MB (e.g. the back panel ports on an ATX
board) or are both cabled from the same header, the problem is likely
to be on the MB or (in the latter case) in the cable or one of its
connectors.

If you can use either port, but not both at the same time (I have
never actually seen this one) I would suspect a problem with the USB
power drain of one or more of the devices you are trying to connect or
with the amount of power available from the port hardware.

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 01:51:31 -0800, "Nathan"

>I have 2 USB ports, i can connect devices 2 one of them
>but when i try connecting a device 2 the other one
>nothing happens. can someone pleaze tell me how or if i
>can use both ports

Please respond to the Newsgroup, so that others may benefit from the exchange.
Peter R. Fletcher