XP Pro and New Camera Help

I have a Sharp Camera/Camcorder and I am trying to add the driver from a CD
that came with the device.
I can not figure out how to add the driver!
I plug the camera in to the USB and XP does not recognize the hardware.
I am sure I am doing something wrong.
What are the steps to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance,

Jack Barrett
My Web Site: http://windsurf_2.tripod.com

Unplug the camera from the USB port.
Use add/remove hardware to remove the camera.
You might need to go as far as using the device manager to
remove all the USB ports and rebooting.
Then insert the CD in the drive and if it does not auto-run
the install or setup, browse the CD to find a setup,
install. It will help to read the manual that came with the
camera (or download the instructions).
After the software/drivers are installed, turn the camera ON
and then as the last thing, plug the USB in to the USB port.

"Jack Barrett" <jack4450@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
|I have a Sharp Camera/Camcorder and I am trying to add the
driver from a CD
| that came with the device.
| I can not figure out how to add the driver!
| I plug the camera in to the USB and XP does not recognize
the hardware.
| I am sure I am doing something wrong.
| What are the steps to accomplish this?
|
| Thanks in advance,
|
| Jack Barrett
| My Web Site: http://windsurf_2.tripod.com

If the CD does not autorun, which I assume it doesn't, there is likely
to be a Setup.exe file either in the root directory or in a sensibly
named subdirectory. Failing this, when XP finds the hardware and wants
to search for drivers, tell it specifically to include the CD in the
search. Failing both of the above, contact Sharp!

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 06:21:25 -0500, "Jack Barrett"
<jack4450@frontiernet.net> wrote:

>I have a Sharp Camera/Camcorder and I am trying to add the driver from a CD
>that came with the device.
>I can not figure out how to add the driver!
>I plug the camera in to the USB and XP does not recognize the hardware.
>I am sure I am doing something wrong.
>What are the steps to accomplish this?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Jack Barrett
>My Web Site: http://windsurf_2.tripod.com

Please respond to the Newsgroup, so that others may benefit from the exchange.
Peter R. Fletcher

Thanks Jim& Peter.
I will let you know how I make out.

Best,