Word and flash drive

peter

I can send files from my documents to the flash drive but cannot save them to
that drive using "save as" is open document or "save" if open in the flash
drive. Messages: Word cannot save or create this file/Word cannot complete
the save due to a file permission error. I have checked that the documents
have "unrestricted access." This applies to all files I try to save when
working in the flash drive. Any solutions please?! Thx.

Peter

Some "flash" memory drives have a hardware switch which truns them into
"read-only" units.

>I can send files from my documents to the flash drive but cannot save them
> that drive using "save as" is open document or "save" if open in the flash
> drive. Messages: Word cannot save or create this file/Word cannot complete
> the save due to a file permission error. I have checked that the documents
> have "unrestricted access." This applies to all files I try to save when
> working in the flash drive. Any solutions please?! Thx.
>
> Peter

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 15:05:11 -0500, "Yves Leclerc"
<yvesleclercNOSPAM@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>"Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I can send files from my documents to the flash drive but cannot save them
>> that drive using "save as" is open document or "save" if open in the flash
>> drive. Messages: Word cannot save or create this file/Word cannot complete
>> the save due to a file permission error. I have checked that the documents
>> have "unrestricted access." This applies to all files I try to save when
>> working in the flash drive. Any solutions please?! Thx.
>>
>> Peter
>
>Some "flash" memory drives have a hardware switch which truns them into
>"read-only" units.

No, Yves, read the post. He can send to the flash drive, but not use
the Save or Save As function. If he can send files to it from the My
Documents window, or Windows Explorer/My computer, then the drive is
NOT marked as read only.

Care to play again?