Resetting expiration date HP CP1160 print cartridge (#14)

Anyone know a way to reset or disable the expiration date in the HP # 14 inkjet
cartridge (HP CP1160 printer). Mine isn't old enough to be expired but just the same it
is. Any information would be helpful.

Thanks, John

The expiry date is burned in to a microchip that is part of the uPC that is
inside of the cartridge. This chip was programmed at the time of
manufacture. It is not something you can change.

This is unfortunate that someone cannot keep these cartridges in storage.
They did this to prevent refilling. I was told that they discontinued this
procedure for the newer printers, because they were loosing a lot of sales
because of this practice.

--

Jerry G.
=====

"jbclem1" <jbclem1@charter.net> wrote in message
Anyone know a way to reset or disable the expiration date in the HP # 14
inkjet
cartridge (HP CP1160 printer). Mine isn't old enough to be expired but just
the same it
is. Any information would be helpful.

Thanks, John

These cartridges can be refilled but you have to replace the chip or reset
it. Pete
"jbclem1" <jbclem1@charter.net> wrote in message
> Anyone know a way to reset or disable the expiration date in the HP # 14
inkjet
> cartridge (HP CP1160 printer). Mine isn't old enough to be expired but
just the same it
> is. Any information would be helpful.
>
> Thanks, John

If you replace a CHIP you will loose a waranty since that will be burned in
printer's Eprom as data in case you bring it for service.

--
Adriatix
http://adriatix.hr/

"Pete Premock" <ppremock@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
> These cartridges can be refilled but you have to replace the chip or reset
> it. Pete
> "jbclem1" <jbclem1@charter.net> wrote in message
> > Anyone know a way to reset or disable the expiration date in the HP # 14
> inkjet
> > cartridge (HP CP1160 printer). Mine isn't old enough to be expired but
> just the same it
> > is. Any information would be helpful.
> >
> > Thanks, John

TRENDING THREADS