Roen

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2004

Hi,
I have a problem trying to connect to the net. About 99% of the time I try
to connect to the net my machine powers down and then reboots. I don't belive
it is a virus as I've reformatted my pc and am working from a clean install
of Xp Pro SP2.
I'm using a Dell dimension 8400 with a Broadcom netXtreme gigabit ethernet
card. I believe it is a network card problem as even when I disable and the
re-enable it I get the same result, a reboot! It was working fine before the
reformat.
The drivers are up to date and I don't have an opportunity to swap the card
for a known working one.
Please help!

Check your power supply. It could be bad. The drivers for the Broadcom
network work correctly.