Distorted sound after 30 minutes

Last response: in Video Games
Share
February 20, 2005 8:22:26 AM

Been playing umk3 and after about 30minutes or so the sound just goes to
distortion and the only way to get it back to normal is restart the game.
It's the only game that does it and I've check over the files and all seems
fine. I wonder if it's some kind latency or infinite loop bug?
I'm using .89 on a 2Ghz pc with 1GB ram. Any ideas anyone? Thanks.
Anonymous
February 20, 2005 4:50:24 PM

>> I'm using .89 on a 2Ghz pc with 1GB ram. Any ideas anyone? Thanks.
>
> Pause, wait for a short while, then unpause to make it go away
> immediately.
>
> Disable Vsync, or any refresh matching options you might have
> activated.

I Have the same problem after a while.
It is due to my soundcard (a "Dell" soundblaster).
I have also a powerfull pc.
The solution is to put the "full compatibilty" in the sound property to
nothing.
But I have to put it to full after playing else the WinDVD doesn't see my
soundcard

ciao Tsunoo
!