Distorted sound after 30 minutes

Been playing umk3 and after about 30minutes or so the sound just goes to
distortion and the only way to get it back to normal is restart the game.
It's the only game that does it and I've check over the files and all seems
fine. I wonder if it's some kind latency or infinite loop bug?
I'm using .89 on a 2Ghz pc with 1GB ram. Any ideas anyone? Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about distorted sound minutes

    >> I'm using .89 on a 2Ghz pc with 1GB ram. Any ideas anyone? Thanks.
    >
    > Pause, wait for a short while, then unpause to make it go away
    > immediately.
    >
    > Disable Vsync, or any refresh matching options you might have
    > activated.

    I Have the same problem after a while.
    It is due to my soundcard (a "Dell" soundblaster).
    I have also a powerfull pc.
    The solution is to put the "full compatibilty" in the sound property to
    nothing.
    But I have to put it to full after playing else the WinDVD doesn't see my
    soundcard

    ciao Tsunoo

Games Video Games