Canon Properties Window Half English and German

Just installed my new Canon N1000 and so far everything works great, but
there is one strange problem:

All the software is coming up half English and the other half German.

Say I go into the Printer Properties window:

The title says "Canon Office Colour N1000 Properties"

But instead of "General, Details, Colour Management, Sharing, Main, Page
Setup,Finishing, and Device Settings, I have:

"Seite einrichten, Ausgabemethode, Gerateeinstellungen, Optionen , with
the rest of the selections being in English.

Options with German titles are written in German, and those in English
written in English. This is makes setting the printer settings maddening
as my German is bad to worse, and don't want to waste time guessing what
the heck I'm doing. Canon's website is useless as it only lists a series
of downloads but not what problems they are meant to correct.

Any advice would be appreciated. I thought of uninstalling the software
and trying installing it again choosing "German" as my language instead
of English, but not sure if that would give me just an entire German
installation.

Candide
--
"The truth is rarely pure and never simple"
Oscar Wilde

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Check your system preferences and make sure your Locality is set correctly.

-Larry

"Candide" <PityMePines@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> Just installed my new Canon N1000 and so far everything works great, but
> there is one strange problem:
>
> All the software is coming up half English and the other half German.
>
> Say I go into the Printer Properties window:
>
> The title says "Canon Office Colour N1000 Properties"
>
> But instead of "General, Details, Colour Management, Sharing, Main, Page
> Setup,Finishing, and Device Settings, I have:
>
> "Seite einrichten, Ausgabemethode, Gerateeinstellungen, Optionen , with
> the rest of the selections being in English.
>
> Options with German titles are written in German, and those in English
> written in English. This is makes setting the printer settings maddening
> as my German is bad to worse, and don't want to waste time guessing what
> the heck I'm doing. Canon's website is useless as it only lists a series
> of downloads but not what problems they are meant to correct.
>
> Any advice would be appreciated. I thought of uninstalling the software
> and trying installing it again choosing "German" as my language instead
> of English, but not sure if that would give me just an entire German
> installation.
>

> Candide
> --
> "The truth is rarely pure and never simple"
> Oscar Wilde

Thanks, but solved the problem by uninstalling the drivers then
reinstalling them again.

Also used the newest drivers from Canon's website, and so far everything
is AOK!

Thank you again,