Fingerprint Reader only recognised in an Admin account??

Win XP SP2, DigitaPersona 1.0.1.624 installed. Welcome screen and Fast User
Switching both turned on.

Have the new keyboard with the fingerprint reader but can only get it to work if
an account has admin rights. If not then all I get is

Error Invalid Class String
Suspect Installation Problem.

I've reinstalled twice now and still get the same. If I give an account admin
rights then it works fine, but as soon as I make the same account a limited
account I get the error above. Switch it back to having admin rights and it
works fine?

None of the accounts are domain accounts.

Any thoughts anyone

--
Regards
Ken.......................

---
More about fingerprint reader recognised admin account

    DigitaPersona is neither a part of MS Windows XP, nor a Microsoft product.

    To troublehsoot problems with DigitaPersona, feel free to speak with
    DigitaPersona technical support.

    --
    steve

    nhit_whit_thenut_@yahoo.com
    remove _thenut_ to reach me

    "Ken Wright" <ken.wright@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > Win XP SP2, DigitaPersona 1.0.1.624 installed. Welcome screen and Fast
    User
    > Switching both turned on.
    >
    > Have the new keyboard with the fingerprint reader but can only get it to
    work if
    > an account has admin rights. If not then all I get is
    >
    > Error Invalid Class String
    > Suspect Installation Problem.
    >
    > I've reinstalled twice now and still get the same. If I give an account
    admin
    > rights then it works fine, but as soon as I make the same account a
    limited
    > account I get the error above. Switch it back to having admin rights and
    it
    > works fine?
    >
    > None of the accounts are domain accounts.
    >
    > Any thoughts anyone
    >
    > --
    > Regards
    > Ken.......................
    >

    > ---

    But it's endorsed by Microsoft and bundled with their hardware, therefore the
    question is perfectly valid in this group and still stands in the hope that
    someone else has come across this issue and can help me out.

    --
    Regards
    Ken.......................

    "joust in jest" <joust in jest@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > DigitaPersona is neither a part of MS Windows XP, nor a Microsoft product.
    >
    > To troublehsoot problems with DigitaPersona, feel free to speak with
    > DigitaPersona technical support.
    >
    > --
    > steve
    >
    > nhit_whit_thenut_@yahoo.com
    > remove _thenut_ to reach me
    >

    > "Ken Wright" <ken.wright@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote in message
    >> Win XP SP2, DigitaPersona 1.0.1.624 installed. Welcome screen and Fast
    > User
    >> Switching both turned on.
    >>
    >> Have the new keyboard with the fingerprint reader but can only get it to
    > work if
    >> an account has admin rights. If not then all I get is
    >>
    >> Error Invalid Class String
    >> Suspect Installation Problem.
    >>
    >> I've reinstalled twice now and still get the same. If I give an account
    > admin
    >> rights then it works fine, but as soon as I make the same account a
    > limited
    >> account I get the error above. Switch it back to having admin rights and
    > it
    >> works fine?
    >>
    >> None of the accounts are domain accounts.
    >>
    >> Any thoughts anyone
    >>
    >> --
    >> Regards
    >> Ken.......................
    >>

    >> ---

    ---

    Ken Wright wrote >" But it's endorsed by Microsoft "

    The fact that children's literacy programs are endorsed by Microsoft does
    not make a Windows XP newsgroup an appropriate place to discuss children's
    literacy.

    --

    > But it's endorsed by Microsoft and bundled with their hardware, therefore
    the
    > question is perfectly valid in this group and still stands in the hope
    that
    > someone else has come across this issue and can help me out.
    >
    > --
    > Regards
    > Ken.......................
    >

    > "joust in jest" <joust in jest@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > DigitaPersona is neither a part of MS Windows XP, nor a Microsoft
    product.

    > > To troublehsoot problems with DigitaPersona, feel free to speak with
    > > DigitaPersona technical support.
    > >
    > > --
    > > steve
    > >
    > > nhit_whit_thenut_@yahoo.com
    > > remove _thenut_ to reach me
    > >

    > > "Ken Wright" <ken.wright@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > >> Win XP SP2, DigitaPersona 1.0.1.624 installed. Welcome screen and Fast
    > > User
    > >> Switching both turned on.
    > >>
    > >> Have the new keyboard with the fingerprint reader but can only get it
    > > work if
    > >> an account has admin rights. If not then all I get is
    > >>
    > >> Error Invalid Class String
    > >> Suspect Installation Problem.
    > >>
    > >> I've reinstalled twice now and still get the same. If I give an account
    > > admin
    > >> rights then it works fine, but as soon as I make the same account a
    > > limited
    > >> account I get the error above. Switch it back to having admin rights
    and
    > > it
    > >> works fine?
    > >>
    > >> None of the accounts are domain accounts.
    > >>
    > >> Any thoughts anyone
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Regards
    > >> Ken.......................
    > >>

    > >> ---
    > >>

    > ---

    First off, ignore 'joust in jest' because he is clearly as ignorant as
    he is rude. It was immediately clear to me what you were asking and
    how it was a valid question, being that anyone who is familiar with the
    new fingerprint keyboards would have instantly known that you were
    describing a Microsoft product. (And anyone NOT familar with them
    should have perhaps remained quiet, rather than putting their foot in
    their mouth.)

    Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I did a test with a
    "limited" account under XP SP2, and everything worked just fine. My
    DigitalPersona Password Manager reports as version 1.0.0.579.
    When I installed the software, I installed from an admin account.

    Sorry, but exactly what point are you trying to make? I have a piece of
    Microsoft hardware that will only run on Windows XP that I have asked a question
    about. Now in case it has escaped your powers of observation, and that is
    obviously very possible, which part of the newsgroup title of windowsxp.hardware
    do you not associate with that piece of kit.

    If you have nothing useful to offer, and once again it is painfully obvious that
    you don't, then is there really any need for your presence in here?

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    > Ken Wright wrote >" But it's endorsed by Microsoft "
    >
    > The fact that children's literacy programs are endorsed by Microsoft does
    > not make a Windows XP newsgroup an appropriate place to discuss children's
    > literacy.
    >
    > --
    > steve
    >
    > nhit_whit_thenut_@yahoo.com
    > remove _thenut_ to reach me
    >

    > "Ken Wright" <ken.wright@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote in message
    >> But it's endorsed by Microsoft and bundled with their hardware, therefore
    > the
    >> question is perfectly valid in this group and still stands in the hope
    > that
    >> someone else has come across this issue and can help me out.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Regards
    >> Ken.......................
    >>

    >> "joust in jest" <joust in jest@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> > DigitaPersona is neither a part of MS Windows XP, nor a Microsoft
    > product.
    >> >
    >> > To troublehsoot problems with DigitaPersona, feel free to speak with
    >> > DigitaPersona technical support.
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > steve
    >> >
    >> > nhit_whit_thenut_@yahoo.com
    >> > remove _thenut_ to reach me
    >> >

    >> > "Ken Wright" <ken.wright@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote in message
    >> > User

    >> > work if

    >> > admin
    >> > limited
    > and
    >> > it

    >> ---

    ---

    Your original post made no mention of a problem with Microsoft hardware.
    There is, of course, a MS newsgroup devoted to problems with Microsoft
    hardware ...

    microsoft.public.mshardware.product

    --

    > Sorry, but exactly what point are you trying to make? I have a piece of
    > Microsoft hardware that will only run on Windows XP that I have asked a
    question
    > about. Now in case it has escaped your powers of observation, and that is
    > obviously very possible, which part of the newsgroup title of
    windowsxp.hardware
    > do you not associate with that piece of kit.
    >
    > If you have nothing useful to offer, and once again it is painfully
    obvious that
    > you don't, then is there really any need for your presence in here?
    >
    > --
    > Regards
    > Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel
    > Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    > It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-)
    >

    > "joust in jest" <joust in jest@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > Ken Wright wrote >" But it's endorsed by Microsoft "
    > >
    > > The fact that children's literacy programs are endorsed by Microsoft
    does
    > > not make a Windows XP newsgroup an appropriate place to discuss
    children's
    > > literacy.
    > >
    > > --
    > > steve
    > >
    > > nhit_whit_thenut_@yahoo.com
    > > remove _thenut_ to reach me
    > >

    > > "Ken Wright" <ken.wright@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > >> But it's endorsed by Microsoft and bundled with their hardware,
    therefore
    > > the
    > >> question is perfectly valid in this group and still stands in the hope
    > > that
    > >> someone else has come across this issue and can help me out.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Regards
    > >> Ken.......................
    > >>

    > >> "joust in jest" <joust in jest@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > product.

    Fast

    > > and

    > >> ---
    > >>

    > ---

    Clearly I am ignorant, becuase I didn't instantly know if it was a Microsoft
    fingerprint keyboard, or a fingerprint keyboard manufacured by:

    Key Tronic
    BenQ
    ZVETCO biometrics
    Guardware
    DigitalPersona U.are.U
    Philips Remote Control Systems

    --
    steve

    nhit_whit_thenut_@yahoo.com
    remove _thenut_ to reach me

    <todd.mancini@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > First off, ignore 'joust in jest' because he is clearly as ignorant as
    > he is rude. It was immediately clear to me what you were asking and
    > how it was a valid question, being that anyone who is familiar with the
    > new fingerprint keyboards would have instantly known that you were
    > describing a Microsoft product. (And anyone NOT familar with them
    > should have perhaps remained quiet, rather than putting their foot in
    > their mouth.)
    >
    > Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I did a test with a
    > "limited" account under XP SP2, and everything worked just fine. My
    > DigitalPersona Password Manager reports as version 1.0.0.579.
    > When I installed the software, I installed from an admin account.

    grrrrrrr - Now why doesn't mine do that??????? Damn thing!!!

    Anyway, many thanks for at least confirming that it should do what I thought it
    should. :-)