My CD Rom drive doesn't work

Nick Burns Wrote:

> Judy[/i][/color]
I have Windows XP 2002 - the CD Rom is factory installed - what cables?
Everything's connected and that sly Device Manager says things are
working properly. Now I'm thinking its a virus/spyware/adware problem,
since my kids are constantly playing games. Frankly, whatever I do now
doesn't matter since the message "the application fails to initialize
as the window station is shutting down" is crippling any solution I try
to do.
Are you suggesting a new D drive?

--
Judy

mack

Im having the same problem, accept my computer doesn't even seem to recognize
i have a cd rom drive in the computer!! Did you find a solution? My computer
recently went to the shop to be fixed because of a virus, and it came back
without sound or a d drive. its so confusing.

"Judy" wrote:

> Nick Burns Wrote:
> >

> > Judy[/i][/color]
> I have Windows XP 2002 - the CD Rom is factory installed - what cables?
> Everything's connected and that sly Device Manager says things are
> working properly. Now I'm thinking its a virus/spyware/adware problem,
> since my kids are constantly playing games. Frankly, whatever I do now
> doesn't matter since the message "the application fails to initialize
> as the window station is shutting down" is crippling any solution I try
> to do.
> Are you suggesting a new D drive?
>

> --
> Judy

Take it back to the shop for a fix or a refund.

"Mack" <Mack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Im having the same problem, accept my computer doesn't
even seem to recognize
| i have a cd rom drive in the computer!! Did you find a
solution? My computer
| recently went to the shop to be fixed because of a virus,
and it came back
| without sound or a d drive. its so confusing.
|
| "Judy" wrote:
|

| > Nick Burns Wrote:
| > >

| > > Judy[/i][/color]
| > I have Windows XP 2002 - the CD Rom is factory
installed - what cables?
| > Everything's connected and that sly Device Manager says
things are
| > working properly. Now I'm thinking its a
virus/spyware/adware problem,
| > since my kids are constantly playing games. Frankly,
whatever I do now
| > doesn't matter since the message "the application fails
to initialize
| > as the window station is shutting down" is crippling any
solution I try
| > to do.
| > Are you suggesting a new D drive?
| >

| > --