Jpac troubleshooting

hi guys, i have had several Jpacs and work great but i just put one in a
converted jamma plus cab and burned up a trace to pin 14 which is video
ground! any ideas what could cause this to happen? i just tested it
without PC even hooked up which i have done many times and powered up the
monitor with video/sync connectors plugged in it!

any ideas?

also, does anyone have schematics for these so i can fix this Jpac?

Kelly

"Kelly Ray" <starwarsroomspam@comcast.net> wrote in news:ZcednaU2o60qIoXfRVn-
2w@comcast.com:

> hi guys, i have had several Jpacs and work great but i just put one in a
> converted jamma plus cab and burned up a trace to pin 14 which is video
> ground! any ideas what could cause this to happen? i just tested it
> without PC even hooked up which i have done many times and powered up the
> monitor with video/sync connectors plugged in it!
>
> any ideas?
>
> also, does anyone have schematics for these so i can fix this Jpac?

Ultimarc is the company responsible for I-Pac, J-Pac, Opti-Pac and probably a
bunch of other things. It seems to me that www.ultimarc.com has its own
forum, and that founder Andrew Warne has a very helpful presence there (so
I've heard). What has your experience been?

yes, i have dealt with him a few times and very helpful! i have purchased
several Jpacs and a couple Ipacs and very pleased!

i was at fault here and just wanted to get schematics for this Jpac to
fix(he doesn't have them available on website i don't believe)!

thanks,
Kelly

> Ultimarc is the company responsible for I-Pac, J-Pac, Opti-Pac and
> probably a
> bunch of other things. It seems to me that www.ultimarc.com has its own
> forum, and that founder Andrew Warne has a very helpful presence there (so
> I've heard). What has your experience been?

ok, update!

i plugged in the wrong 120v line(one going to light fixture) and didn't have
ISO to monitor which burned up that video ground trace! i have schem now
from Andy at Ultimarc and connected pin 14 on jamma to a ground on Jpac but
still have nothing! could i have blow 40-pin IC or what?

anyone done this before?

TIA
Kelly

David

Found this on Mameworld.net :
The J-PAC is basically an I-PAC/2 which is optimized for connection to a
JAMMA (Japanese Amusement Machine Manufacturers Association) arcade cabinet.
The board uses a JAMMA edge connector for input connections and includes a
video amplifier. The board uses a Jamma Edge connector for the joysticks
and Buttons 1-4 and screw terminals for buttons 4-6. (Button 4 can be wired
either way.)
The mini-PAC is basically an I-PAC/2 with an IDE header combined with 1/2 of
an Opti-PAC. The board includes controls for a trackball and spinner, but
these only work in USB mode. The bare board contains all the basic
functionality and is a better value if you can make your own harnesses. See
http://www.ultimarc.com/mp_inst.html for wiring instructions.
Try here as well: http://www.ultimarc.com/jpac2.html