Inno3D nVidia GeForce FX 5200 and Windows XPSP2

There should not be a compatibility issue as i have tried it in a standard Xp
machine. The problem is the screen flickers and sometimes causes Windows to
crash and restart. It returns the error that it was caused by the driver. I
have been in contact with nVidia and Inno3D. I have the most up to date
drivers. I need help as the crashing could cause damage.

Dean
1 answer Last reply
More about inno3d nvidia geforce 5200 windows xpsp2

    Remove the nVidia drivers, but do not reboot yet. Download and run
    Detonator RIP (www.guru3d.com) to remove all left-overs of the nVidia
    drivers files and reboot. Let XP install the standard drivers. Install
    the latest WHQL certified nVidia drivers. You may have had files that were
    incorrect.

    Also, install the updated chipset drivers for your motherboard. This should
    install the AGP slot drivers so that Windows XP can access the AGP video
    card correctly.

    Please note: I have not used an PCI Express motherboards so I am not sure
    that this is true for those motherboards.

    "Dean" <Dean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > There should not be a compatibility issue as i have tried it in a standard
    > Xp
    > machine. The problem is the screen flickers and sometimes causes Windows
    > crash and restart. It returns the error that it was caused by the driver.
    > have been in contact with nVidia and Inno3D. I have the most up to date
    > drivers. I need help as the crashing could cause damage.
    >
    > Dean

Nvidia Windows XP