GA-8IK1100 with 4 * DDR 512Mb

Adam

I'm having a few problems adding additional memory to my 8IK1100 based PC.

When I originally built the machine, I put 2 * DDR400 512Mb modules in it
(slots 1 and 4, running as Dual Channel).

I now need to add an additional 1Gb into the machine, so have tried adding
another two 512Mb DDR400 into slots 2 and 5.

The machine boots, and the BIOS check tells me it has 2Gb installed, however
after about 5 or 10 minutes, the machine (running w2k3 server) blue screens.

The machine is stable with *either* 512Mb pair, but as soon as I put both
in... 5 or 10 minutes later, it blue screens.

All DDR400 modules are double sided, although each pair is a different make
(but all are DDR400 PC3200).

Any ideas anyone?

TIA,
A.

Different make, they all have to be the same. Same brand and same size +
same memory timings.

"Adam" <Adds21@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm having a few problems adding additional memory to my 8IK1100 based PC.
>
> When I originally built the machine, I put 2 * DDR400 512Mb modules in it
> (slots 1 and 4, running as Dual Channel).
>
> I now need to add an additional 1Gb into the machine, so have tried adding
> another two 512Mb DDR400 into slots 2 and 5.
>
> The machine boots, and the BIOS check tells me it has 2Gb installed,
> however after about 5 or 10 minutes, the machine (running w2k3 server)
> blue screens.
>
> The machine is stable with *either* 512Mb pair, but as soon as I put both
> in... 5 or 10 minutes later, it blue screens.
>
> All DDR400 modules are double sided, although each pair is a different
> make (but all are DDR400 PC3200).
>
> Any ideas anyone?
>
> TIA,
> A.

Adam

Thanks Richard, I was wondering if that was the problem.

A.