Hi,

I've stupidly installed Directx 9.0c without reading the requirement. I've
XP Pro with SP2 installed.

Now, the directx is not functioning anymore. Tried to re-installed but no
success. Can anybody help me?

Thanks

System restore to a point before changes made.

Just out curiosity - what requirement are you missing?

r.

"cymru" <cymru@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I've stupidly installed Directx 9.0c without reading the requirement. I've
> XP Pro with SP2 installed.
>
> Now, the directx is not functioning anymore. Tried to re-installed but no
> success. Can anybody help me?
>
> Thanks

Look on the web for "DXbuster"

cymru wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've stupidly installed Directx 9.0c without reading the requirement. I've
> XP Pro with SP2 installed.
>
> Now, the directx is not functioning anymore. Tried to re-installed but no
> success. Can anybody help me?
>
> Thanks

Randy

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2003

XP SP2 and DirectX 9c working fine here.

Randy

:

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 19:25:49 -0600, "Randy" <cakeman47@hotmail.com> wrote:

>XP SP2 and DirectX 9c working fine here.
>
>Randy
>
>"cymru" <cymru@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>: Hi,
>:
>: I've stupidly installed Directx 9.0c without reading the requirement. I've
>: XP Pro with SP2 installed.
>:
>: Now, the directx is not functioning anymore. Tried to re-installed but no
>: success. Can anybody help me?
>:
>: Thanks

SP2 comes with DX9c included. Running the DX90c installer accomplishes
nothing.
--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

>SP2 comes with DX9c included. Running the DX90c installer accomplishes
>nothing.

Hmm, that strange. I go to windows update and it says I need dx 9c

I have xp sp2. It actual comes with dx9b not c.

If you have dx 9c. You must of installed a new game that has dx 9c
with it.

Greg R

Signature

http://www.aclu.org/refusetosurrender/

Mikey

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi;
Confirming xp's SP2 includes dx 9.0c (not "b").
Always has.