vantage runs well, but not latest mame roms

I loaded vantage on my old Pentium to see how it would run. It runs great!
Thanks to those who suggested it!

Unfortunately, it appears that it doesn't run the mame roms. I have some
mame91 roms that I tried and they load, but come up with a garbled screen,
flickering. I am guessing that the roms are not compatible. Any hints?

What about the apparent limited list of games for vantage? Is there any
hope that I could run vantage and have the wide selection of games like
mame? I posted another message about dmame hanging on my machine so it may
turn out that vantage is my only option on the old, klunker hardware I've
got.

Thanks,
John
--
"Nature and nature's laws lay hid by night
God said, "Let Newton be," and all was light. -- Alexander Pope

"John Leveille" <jleveille@nc.rr.com> wrote in

> I loaded vantage on my old Pentium to see how it would run. It runs
> great! Thanks to those who suggested it!
>
> Unfortunately, it appears that it doesn't run the mame roms. I have
> some mame91 roms that I tried and they load, but come up with a
> garbled screen, flickering. I am guessing that the roms are not
> compatible. Any hints?
>
> What about the apparent limited list of games for vantage? Is there
> any hope that I could run vantage and have the wide selection of games
> like mame? I posted another message about dmame hanging on my machine
> so it may turn out that vantage is my only option on the old, klunker
> hardware I've got.

Shhhhhhh...

http://www.geocities.com/apeale69/vantage/

They're the same ROMs, but the names that VAntAGE looks for are
different.

--
Do you want a free Gaming Console?
http://consoles.prizecube.com/?ref=12216

Mike

Splendid

I seem to remember there is also a utility on Logiqx's page (ROMbuild or
something?) that lets you convert MAME ROMs into ones for other emulators.

Mike