8KNXP rev 1 beta bios

Does anyone have any input on the stability of the 13a beta bios for the
8KNXP rev. 1?

--

To reply, nix "nix" in address.
3 answers Last reply

    I've been using it stably for a few weeks on my 8knxp rev 1. (But I'm
    keeping F10 on the backup BIOS, just in case.)

    cheers,
    Kris

    Bob Davis wrote:
    > Does anyone have any input on the stability of the 13a beta bios for
    > the 8KNXP rev. 1?

    But, btw what are the main changes ?

    thanks

    Andres Zanzani
    Cesena, Italy
    www.64k.it/andres <----Tutto per i DivX e non solo

    "Andres Zanzani" <zazani@64k.it> wrote in message

    | Bob Davis wrote:
    | > Does anyone have any input on the stability of the 13a beta bios for
    | > the 8KNXP rev. 1?
    |
    | But, btw what are the main changes ?
    |
    | thanks
    |
    | Andres Zanzani
    | Cesena, Italy
    | www.64k.it/andres <----Tutto per i DivX e non solo

    What caught my eye was the description: "Modify the BIOS version F11 or F12
    cannot install Windows XP when uses S-ATA RAID 0 or 1 mode." I assumed that
    f11 and f12 can't install XP when the SATA RAID controller is being used for
    the boot drive. I'm using SATA RAID0 on the ICH5R and don't like the idea
    of bugs should I need to reinstall XP, a prospect I don't anticipate but
    anything is possible.

Gigabyte BIOS Motherboards