USB to parallel port

I've pruchased a "USB 2.0 Dock" with 4 USB ports, 1 serial port, 1 parallel
port and 2 ps/2 ports. The problem is that i don't have a port like lptx:,
but a "USB001 Virtual port for USB". Anyone knows how to "create" a lptx
port?
Thanks,

Ricardo Smith

What does the documentation say? That would be the favored method of
installation. Please describe what the intented result is to be.

Ricardo Smith wrote:

> I've pruchased a "USB 2.0 Dock" with 4 USB ports, 1 serial port, 1 parallel
> port and 2 ps/2 ports. The problem is that i don't have a port like lptx:,
> but a "USB001 Virtual port for USB". Anyone knows how to "create" a lptx
> port?
> Thanks,
>
> Ricardo Smith

The documentatio is incorrect. I wrote to support and they said that it
doesn't work as true lpt.

"Bob I" wrote:

> What does the documentation say? That would be the favored method of
> installation. Please describe what the intented result is to be.
>
> Ricardo Smith wrote:
>
> > I've pruchased a "USB 2.0 Dock" with 4 USB ports, 1 serial port, 1 parallel
> > port and 2 ps/2 ports. The problem is that i don't have a port like lptx:,
> > but a "USB001 Virtual port for USB". Anyone knows how to "create" a lptx
> > port?
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Ricardo Smith

In that case if you need to send items to it "using LPT1" simply share
the printer attached to the port, and then at the command prompt issue,
NET USE LPT1 \computername\printername using the computers name and the
sharename of the printer.