Floppy drive A accessing too much

Greetings.
My internal floppy A drive is checking for information at just about every
access I request to my C drive. I noticed the additional checks, but since
they were short in time, I didn't do anything about it. But now that I wish
to do a full virus scan using installed software, the floppy drive is
constantly banging around during the successful scan of the C drive. I made
sure to select only C drive to be scanned. Within the past month, I've
added a few software installations which may be the problem, but I have no
restore points beyond 4 days ago. Is there something I can do to change
(reset) the drive to act as it should without having to work backwards by
uninstalling programs?
Thank you so kindly.
Kevin

Try putting a blank floppy in A: (formatted) and see if that helps
temporarily. Then run virus checks, adware, Trojans, etc.

Also, try deleting the floppy in device manager and rebooting. Drive will
be redetected and drivers loaded.

r.

"General Mailbox" <nospam@home.net> wrote in message
> Greetings.
> My internal floppy A drive is checking for information at just about every
> access I request to my C drive. I noticed the additional checks, but
> since
> they were short in time, I didn't do anything about it. But now that I
> wish
> to do a full virus scan using installed software, the floppy drive is
> constantly banging around during the successful scan of the C drive. I
> made
> sure to select only C drive to be scanned. Within the past month, I've
> added a few software installations which may be the problem, but I have no
> restore points beyond 4 days ago. Is there something I can do to change
> (reset) the drive to act as it should without having to work backwards by
> uninstalling programs?
> Thank you so kindly.
> Kevin

ricardo

General Mailbox wrote:
> Greetings.
> My internal floppy A drive is checking for information at just about every
> access I request to my C drive. I noticed the additional checks, but since
> they were short in time, I didn't do anything about it. But now that I wish
> to do a full virus scan using installed software, the floppy drive is
> constantly banging around during the successful scan of the C drive. I made
> sure to select only C drive to be scanned. Within the past month, I've
> added a few software installations which may be the problem, but I have no
> restore points beyond 4 days ago. Is there something I can do to change
> (reset) the drive to act as it should without having to work backwards by
> uninstalling programs?
> Thank you so kindly.
> Kevin

If you are running Norton antivirus software you can disable the program
from checking the floppy disk all the time. You have to open Norton
Antivirus (logged an with administrative privledges) and click on
options, then click on advanced and de-select "check floppy drives" this
should solve your problem.

Thank you Ricardo and Namniar!
I had set the antivirus program to "exclude" drive A for the On-Demand and
Real-Time scans, but instead, it accessed it constantly while scanning C
drive that I have selected. I removed A drive from the exclusion list and
now it's back to normal.
Thanks again!
B.rgds,
Kevin