settings

I have a GA 7VT600 1394. AMD 3200+/400fsb. Is it better to let the mobo
recognize it automaticaly by setting SW-1 to off/auto or assign the speed
manualy in the bios? I'm having reboot/crash problems and I've pretty much
ran out of options. RMA'd the mobo & cpu. Installed new video card & PSU.
Brought temps way down etc. Mabey I should just ask what the settings should
be for this processor. Ram is PC3200/400.
TIA
Rudy

billy

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2003

Well 4 months ago I had a problem like yours on the same board. So I got
desperate and tried loading Top Performance Setting in the BIOS. It's been
stable ever since.
"Rudy Kube" <rudykube@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I have a GA 7VT600 1394. AMD 3200+/400fsb. Is it better to let the mobo
> recognize it automaticaly by setting SW-1 to off/auto or assign the speed
> manualy in the bios? I'm having reboot/crash problems and I've pretty much
> ran out of options. RMA'd the mobo & cpu. Installed new video card & PSU.
> Brought temps way down etc. Mabey I should just ask what the settings
should
> be for this processor. Ram is PC3200/400.
> TIA
> Rudy

Thanks for the info. I tried doing it as you suggest but it won't boot.
Hangs after finding the hard drives.

Rudy

billy

Distinguished