Keyboard Button Assignment

I have a Dell 4500s Dimesion Desktop and am using a Dell
keyboard(model:SK-8100) There are 3 buttons at the top of the keyboard with
icons above each button. The icons are 1) envelope, 2) house,3) magnifying
glass. I push them and they don't work. I am assuming the envelope icon means
mail, House icon means Home/home page and I have no idea about the magnifying
glass icon. Please explain to me what these buttons are for and how I can use
them.

Thanks in advance,

CreeMan

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 12:23:08 -0800, CreeMan wrote:

> I have a Dell 4500s Dimesion Desktop and am using a Dell
> keyboard(model:SK-8100) There are 3 buttons at the top of the keyboard with
> icons above each button. The icons are 1) envelope, 2) house,3) magnifying
> glass. I push them and they don't work. I am assuming the envelope icon means
> mail, House icon means Home/home page and I have no idea about the magnifying
> glass icon. Please explain to me what these buttons are for and how I can use
> them.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> CreeMan

Envelope - launch your mail program.
Home - launch your web browser
Mangnifying glass - search (probably your computer)

You need the drivers for your specific keyboard. Check Dell's support
site, or try Googling for them.

--
Derek

Success is a journey, not a destination. So stop running.

"Derek" wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 12:23:08 -0800, CreeMan wrote:
>
> > I have a Dell 4500s Dimesion Desktop and am using a Dell
> > keyboard(model:SK-8100) There are 3 buttons at the top of the keyboard with
> > icons above each button. The icons are 1) envelope, 2) house,3) magnifying
> > glass. I push them and they don't work. I am assuming the envelope icon means
> > mail, House icon means Home/home page and I have no idea about the magnifying
> > glass icon. Please explain to me what these buttons are for and how I can use
> > them.
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > CreeMan
>
> Envelope - launch your mail program.
> Home - launch your web browser
> Mangnifying glass - search (probably your computer)
>
> You need the drivers for your specific keyboard. Check Dell's support
> site, or try Googling for them.
>
> --
> Derek
>
> Success is a journey, not a destination. So stop running.

You're welcome.

--
Derek

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive
idiots.