Remove Intellipoint icon from system tray??

December 15, 2004 8:05:14 PM

I just installed Microsoft Intellipoint software for my Intellimouse
Explorer 3.0 USB mouse on WinXP SP2

How can I permanently remove the icon from showing up in the system tray?

thanks
mike
Anonymous
December 15, 2004 9:53:33 PM

Did you try right clicking on the taskbar and bring up PROPERTIES, look at
the TASKBAR NOTIFICATION, click on CUSTOMIZE, locate the icon for the mouse
and click ALWAYS HIDE,
I hope this works for you.
Glenda
Anonymous
December 16, 2004 12:33:19 AM

mike wrote:
> I just installed Microsoft Intellipoint software for my Intellimouse
> Explorer 3.0 USB mouse on WinXP SP2
>
> How can I permanently remove the icon from showing up in the system
> tray?
>
> thanks
> mike

See if you can find it in the startup tab in msconfig (start, run, msconfig
<enter>)
Anonymous
December 16, 2004 11:20:25 PM

Through the Intellipoint software.

--

Regards:

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

If you knew half as much as you think you know,
You'd realize you didn't know what you thought you knew!

!