Remove Intellipoint icon from system tray??

I just installed Microsoft Intellipoint software for my Intellimouse
Explorer 3.0 USB mouse on WinXP SP2

How can I permanently remove the icon from showing up in the system tray?

thanks
mike
3 answers Last reply
More about remove intellipoint icon system tray

    Did you try right clicking on the taskbar and bring up PROPERTIES, look at
    the TASKBAR NOTIFICATION, click on CUSTOMIZE, locate the icon for the mouse
    and click ALWAYS HIDE,
    I hope this works for you.
    Glenda

    mike wrote:
    > I just installed Microsoft Intellipoint software for my Intellimouse
    > Explorer 3.0 USB mouse on WinXP SP2
    >
    > How can I permanently remove the icon from showing up in the system
    > tray?
    >
    > thanks
    > mike

    See if you can find it in the startup tab in msconfig (start, run, msconfig
    <enter>)

    Through the Intellipoint software.

    --

    Regards:

    Richard Urban

    aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

    If you knew half as much as you think you know,
    You'd realize you didn't know what you thought you knew!

    "mike" <mhowes@xbaptismofsolitude.org> wrote in message

    > I just installed Microsoft Intellipoint software for my Intellimouse
    > Explorer 3.0 USB mouse on WinXP SP2
    >
    > How can I permanently remove the icon from showing up in the system tray?
    >
    > thanks
    > mike

Hardware Microsoft Windows XP