no cd drives

i unplugged my artec dvd cd-rw combo drive the other night. to find out which
chipset it had but when i turned on my computer it doesnt reconize the drive.
i have looked for drivers on the artec website, and i have tried using the
search for new hardware tool in windows but i cannot get the drives to be
reconized. can anyone help me plz.

on top of that when my drive did work it would tell me to insert a blank
disc when i tried to burn anything.

if anyone can help i would be so grateful

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Try booting into Safe Mode. open Device Manager, remove all instances of the
problem device (if there), reboot and Windows should re-detect hardware and
install drivers.