DVDF TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-C2612

Hi

I have a DELL Inspiron 1100 laptop which has Windows XP installed onto it.

I have been successfully playing DVD movies on this for a while now.

Now there is a problem. I cannot run DVD's or CDs on the laptop. When I
look in Device Manager the DVD is there (Toshiba DVD-Rom SD-C2612) but there
is a yellow exclamation mark next to it, which makes me think there is a
problem with the driver.

I have now altered the driver in anyway, so I am mystified at why it was
working but now it is not.

I have even uninstalled the DVD and then gone to New Hardware to reinstall
it. It detects it but says there is a problem and it may not work!

Is the driver file faulty in some way and if it is can I download it!

Thanks
Sheron

Delete/Uninstall the DVD drive in Device manager (which you did) - but do
not reinstall yourself. Simply reboot and let the O/S reinstall.

r.