Keyboard Problem in XP with K8NF-9 nForce4

Hi Folks,

Got my lovely new PC yesterday (K8NF-9 nForce4). However there is an
annoying problem. When I use a USB mouse with my PS/2 keyboard, the
keyboard is not recognised in Win XP.

If I remove the keyboard from Device Manager and then search for new
hardware, the keyboard is recognised and works properly.

I have tried a couple of other keyboards and the same thing happens.
I've tried disabling support for a USB keyboard in the BIOS, but no
luck.

Any ideas / similar experiences?
Thanks!
Ash
--

WWW - http://www.siroccoracing.com
Forum - http://www.bhmotorsports.com/SPE

    Wait for a new BIOS revision, others have reported the same issue.

    Or use a USB keyboard.

    "Ashley McConnell" <ash.mcconnell@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi Folks,
    >
    > Got my lovely new PC yesterday (K8NF-9 nForce4). However there is an
    > annoying problem. When I use a USB mouse with my PS/2 keyboard, the
    > keyboard is not recognised in Win XP.
    >
    > If I remove the keyboard from Device Manager and then search for new
    > hardware, the keyboard is recognised and works properly.
    >
    > I have tried a couple of other keyboards and the same thing happens.
    > I've tried disabling support for a USB keyboard in the BIOS, but no
    > luck.
    >
    > Any ideas / similar experiences?
    > Thanks!
    > Ash
    > --
    >
    > WWW - http://www.siroccoracing.com
    > Forum - http://www.bhmotorsports.com/SPE

    > Wait for a new BIOS revision, others have reported the same issue.

    Was about to make some trite comment about manufacturers expecting users to
    test their equipment for them :-) But then realised it's Christmas and
    anyway, it's probably nigh on impossible to test motherboards in every
    single possible combination - better to let the trailblazers sort out the
    initial glitches.

    Rob.

    Thanks guys, i'll wait for a new revision. It seems a pretty good
    motherboard except for this tiny prob :)

    All the best,
    Ash
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

    What you need is a usb to ps converter, I know a few years ago they
    would come with every mouse. That way you should not have any problems,
    you should be able to find them at your local computer store.

    Or just pick up a cheap mouse chances are you probably would not be
    able to tell the difference.

    Gnu_Raiz
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

    "Richard Dower" <richarddower@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Wait for a new BIOS revision, others have reported the same issue.
    >
    > Or use a USB keyboard.

    I bet it will never be fixed except he buys an usb keyboard :)
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

    "SteveK" <nospam@iPrimus.com.au> wrote in message
    > "Richard Dower" <richarddower@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Wait for a new BIOS revision, others have reported the same issue.
    >>
    >> Or use a USB keyboard.
    >>

    > I bet it will never be fixed except he buys an usb keyboard :)

    New BIOS out -->

    http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/BIOS/BIOS_GA-K8NF-9.htm
  7. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

    > "SteveK" <nospam@iPrimus.com.au> wrote in message
    >> "Richard Dower" <richarddower@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> Wait for a new BIOS revision, others have reported the same issue.
    >>>
    >>> Or use a USB keyboard.
    >>>

    >> I bet it will never be fixed except he buys an usb keyboard :)
    >>

    > New BIOS out -->
    >
    > http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/BIOS/BIOS_GA-K8NF-9.htm

    does it fix the issue? ;-)
  8. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

    I have bought a nice new USB keyboard :)
    Do you know what PVT means?

    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Ash
  9. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

    >I have bought a nice new USB keyboard :)

    I've got a new PS/2 naturual keyboard for Christmas so I'm going to hang
    fire until this PS/2 issue is resolved :-)

    Rob.

Gigabyte Keyboards Windows XP Motherboards