Connect to the internet via serial "ActiveSync" connection

July 10, 2004 9:44:31 PM

Hi y'all,

Is it at all possible to create an internet connection on my iPAQ HP3630
(WinCE 3.0 or PocktetPC 2000) by means of the serial cradle?

I'd like that to be able to read the newsgroups for example...

I have a desktop PC with which I connect. This desktop is in a local net
(192.168.0.) and behind a firewall.

Gerard

--
GerardLinux ay tee filternet dee oo tee ann el

\ /
.---.
'-. | | .-'
___| |___
-= [ ] =-
`---. .---'
__||__ | | __||__
'-..-' | | '-..-'
|| | | ||
||_.-| |-,_||
.-"` `"`'` `"-.
.' '.

Jesus is alive, I spoke with Him this morning!
Anonymous
July 12, 2004 6:57:45 AM

This is possible with ActiveSync's Passthrough option, you can find
it in ActiveSync's connection settings (Sorry, don't have AS handy
here at the moment ;)

~S.

Gerard Wassink <DontWant@SP_aM.nl> wrote in news:tinbqpsha2en
$.ynlj9pdn70yf.dlg@40tude.net:

--
======================
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 02:57:45 -0700, ACE!!! wrote:

> This is possible with ActiveSync's Passthrough option, you can find
> it in ActiveSync's connection settings (Sorry, don't have AS handy
> here at the moment ;)
>
> ~S.

I've seen that, but alas, that's only from PPC 2002. I run 2000 (WinCE 3.0)

--
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
Gerard Wassink http://linux.family.filternet.nl