SATA drivers for GA-8KNXP

Can someone give me a link to download the Win XP SATA drivers for the
GA-8KNXP.
XP asks for the drivers on floppy when doing it's install.
They are not on the supplied CD.

Thank you.

Andy

They are on the CD, can't quite remember where but they are definately
there.
If you still can't find them I will dig out the CD and locate them - you
have to use a utility to create them on a floppy.

"Tad Ki" <tadki49@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Can someone give me a link to download the Win XP SATA drivers for the
> GA-8KNXP.
> XP asks for the drivers on floppy when doing it's install.
> They are not on the supplied CD.
>
> Thank you.

It's in the manual, right at the back in the setting up a raid section. On
the CD is a boot drivers folder with menu.exe inside - this will unzip the
drivers to a floppy.

It was nice of them to hide it so well, I had the same trouble & had to
start install all over.

"andy" <aa@nn.com> wrote in message
> They are on the CD, can't quite remember where but they are definately
> there.
> If you still can't find them I will dig out the CD and locate them - you
> have to use a utility to create them on a floppy.
>
> "Tad Ki" <tadki49@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Can someone give me a link to download the Win XP SATA drivers for the
>> GA-8KNXP.
>> XP asks for the drivers on floppy when doing it's install.
>> They are not on the supplied CD.
>>
>> Thank you.

Thanks guys. I'll get to my manual and dig them out. much appreciated

Tad Ki wrote:
> Can someone give me a link to download the Win XP SATA drivers for the
> GA-8KNXP.
> XP asks for the drivers on floppy when doing it's install.
> They are not on the supplied CD.
>
> Thank you.

Ok I found the SATA drivers setup menu but *which* one do I select, the menu
has about 10 choices.

I do not want to set up RAID I want to connect a single WD 36Gb raptor to
Sata0 and use it as my boot/XP drive.

Thanks

Tad Ki wrote:
> Ok I found the SATA drivers setup menu but *which* one do I select,
> the menu has about 10 choices.
>
> I do not want to set up RAID I want to connect a single WD 36Gb
> raptor to Sata0 and use it as my boot/XP drive.
>
> Thanks

I remember going through the same procedure. I resolved it by updating the
Bios which gave me a more logical set of options and it all worked.

--

Brett

Bump this - anybody ??

| Ok I found the SATA drivers setup menu but *which* one do I select, the
menu
| has about 10 choices.
|
| I do not want to set up RAID I want to connect a single WD 36Gb raptor to
| Sata0 and use it as my boot/XP drive.

I think it would be best to load the ICH5R driver and use the 82801ER
controller, as if you don't the SATA will remap to IDE, reducing your IDE
options should you want them later. By installing ICH5R and enabling RAID
now, you won't need to do it later should you decide to go RAID.

I started with a single PATA boot drive, then moved to SATA (36gb Raptor)
using ICH5R as mentioned above, and then later added another Raptor for
RAID0. I wouldn't use the drivers from the CD, as they may be obsolete. I
pulled mine from Intel, the specific location I didn't bookmark, but you can
DL them from the Gigabyte site. The following is the procedure I followed,
assuming you already have Windows installed and don't want to re-install:

1: DL latest SATA drivers and copy to floppy.

2: Enter bios, enable on-chip ICH5R (not SIL3112) SATA controller and RAID
mode.

3: Boot into XP and when new hardware is found point to floppy for drivers.

4: Power down & install SATA drive.

5: Reboot into Norton Ghost and clone drive.

6: Reboot into bios and change boot order (floppy, SATA, CDROM for me).

At this point you should be able to boot into WinXP with the new boot drive.