incomplete Printing with standard TCP/IP-Port

Hello,
I´ve got the following problem:
A user wants to print several print jobs (from Excel, Word) on a printer
accessed over the standard TCP/IP-port, but he gets an incomplete output on
the printer (pages are missing, some print jobs won´t be printed...). (On
Windows NT using the "classic" LPR-Port (Unix Print Services) the problem
didn´t occur)
Changing the protocol in the port-settings of the standard TCP/IP-Port to
"LPR" doesn´t solve the problem!
What are the differences between Windows NT and XP which can possibly cause
these kind of problems? Can the SNMP-functionality added in the standard
TCP/IP-Port be the cause for these problems (more network traffic?)?
Thanks in advance,
M. Mueller

P.S. Sorry for my bäd english ;-)

Sometimes I can read in the eventlog the error "3003" ("A StartDocPrinter
call was not issued.")

M. Mueller

M. Mueller wrote:

> Hello,
> I´ve got the following problem:
> A user wants to print several print jobs (from Excel, Word) on a printer
> accessed over the standard TCP/IP-port, but he gets an incomplete output on
> the printer (pages are missing, some print jobs won´t be printed...). (On
> Windows NT using the "classic" LPR-Port (Unix Print Services) the problem
> didn´t occur)
> Changing the protocol in the port-settings of the standard TCP/IP-Port to
> "LPR" doesn´t solve the problem!
> What are the differences between Windows NT and XP which can possibly cause
> these kind of problems? Can the SNMP-functionality added in the standard
> TCP/IP-Port be the cause for these problems (more network traffic?)?
> Thanks in advance,
> M. Mueller
>
> P.S. Sorry for my bäd english ;-)

FWIW, we always had problems in setting up TCP/IP printing
via LPR in Windows NT and eventually resorted to using HP
JetAdmin setup. But no issues at all with either Windows
2000 or Windows XP, both of which allowed much easier set
ups for TCP/IP printing.